MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well,
I posted a thread earlier on the Brutale section about my first ride impressions of the 910S. Part of that was observation regarding the annoying vibration I was feeling through the handlebars after a longer ride. Motovation was happy enough to take the bike for a few days and came up with a new set of stainless steel barends that were 315 gms as compared to the stock ones at 195 gms. They look really nice with O rings that dampened the fit. Installation was really easy. Unscrew the stock ones, remove the rubber bung, screw the rubber bung onto the new barends, insert into handlebar, screw till snug. Repeat with other side.

Took the bike out for a short run and noticed immediately that it felt different. The vibes were still there but they seemed to have been converted to a different frequency that was less annoying. This was most evident at 4-5k rpm but a great improvement over the rest of the rpm range.

I thought that a longer ride was in order to really see if the difference was not just my imagination so last night i took her on a 50 miler (as if I needed a reason! :yo: ). The most significant observation was that i forgot why I went for a spin anyway! In other words, I totally forgot about the vibration that I felt last weekend on that first ride. So I actually got to enjoy my bike much more! No more numbness in the hands and the gradual creeping buzz up the arms on those longer rides. :)

A ponit to note is that the stock mirrors were still hard to see out of at the higher rpms but now I can kinda make out what kind of car is behind me. I think CRG barend mirrors are my next mod.

Motovation won't have them for sale right away as they are scheduling them for production. They will be having them for the F4-1000 as well.

Here are some pics of my bike with the barends installed.

·
Registered
878 Posts
odonata said:
very nice bar end, anyword on the price and date of release for them?

also, can you get them to make them in flat black as well? thanks.
I got two left hand sides of these (I didn't want cruise control action):
http://www.throttlemeister.com/tm.html
They do make black too (see left hand bar, and click away...). I think Pirates carries them.... :drummer:

916SPS, have heard some good things, but haven't actually used them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
916SPS said:
Has anybody experience with this thing?

http://www.barsnake.com/
Yes, I tried the Bar Snake on my Monster 800. Maybe it helped a little, but the difference was minimal. The bar vibrations still made my hands numb after about fifteen minutes.

Be cautious about ordering from the Bar Snake website, though. Someone in their office sent one of those stupid "for every person that you forward this e-mail to, Microsoft will pay you $245" chain letters to what looked like their entire customer list of 500+ addresses. Not the kind of company you really want in possession of your credit card details...

·
Registered
187 Posts
MVPB said:
Yes, I tried the Bar Snake on my Monster 800. Maybe it helped a little, but the difference was minimal. The bar vibrations still made my hands numb after about fifteen minutes.

Be cautious about ordering from the Bar Snake website, though. Someone in their office sent one of those stupid "for every person that you forward this e-mail to, Microsoft will pay you $245" chain letters to what looked like their entire customer list of 500+ addresses. Not the kind of company you really want in possession of your credit card details...
Thanks for the info!

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Spalding12: I don't think that it is a big issue to replace the grips. I am thinking I might change mine out to gel grips or something.

Went for 70 miler this morning and I must say that I can actually see much better out of the mirrors. May not need to get the CRG barend mirrors after all. This morning I kept trying to see if the vibes still brothered me. Let me just say that you still feel them enough to remind you that you are on a Brutale but they no longer annoy me. Did not need to clutch and coast once this morning. :)

I'll put the stock ones back on later and go for another ride this evening to confirm my findings. Too damn hot in Texas right now!

·
Registered
422 Posts
kilat said:
Spalding12: I don't think that it is a big issue to replace the grips. I am thinking I might change mine out to gel grips or something.

Went for 70 miler this morning and I must say that I can actually see much better out of the mirrors. May not need to get the CRG barend mirrors after all. This morning I kept trying to see if the vibes still brothered me. Let me just say that you still feel them enough to remind you that you are on a Brutale but they no longer annoy me. Did not need to clutch and coast once this morning. :)

I'll put the stock ones back on later and go for another ride this evening to confirm my findings. Too damn hot in Texas right now!

Thanks for the link and write up.....The 4-5K range is where I experience the most vibes..Mainly on highway rides.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
OK. As promised I put the stock barends on and went for a ride this morning. I really did not make it very far. Thought I'd try and do a 50 miler but turned back after 15 miles of 75 mph highway riding. Felt the vibes almost immediately. Maybe I was looking for it and was overly critical but after awhile the vibes crept back up my arm and got really annoying. I do have some CTS from mousing with the right hand too much at work so I am very concious about discomfort.

Need not say more. The Motovation barends are going back on.

·
Registered
304 Posts
So,

I tried those barends... and I have to report that they DID NOT work for me. as the matter of fact, exactly opposite effect was acheived. Also, i think there is a design flaw with those barends. they interfere with throttle operation and don't come in full contact with the handlebars. They are rubber mounted, so i think that because of that, they do not absorb any vibration.

if I have time I will call motovation tomorow to see if I missed something, but even on the picture, you can see that flange on motovation is much smaller.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts