MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve just been in Atlanta for a few nights and drove down to the Barber Motorsport Museum, what an absolutely stunning place.
It was featured in last weeks Motorcycle News in the UK.
The bike collection is beyond imagination, the John Surtees collection with his own team F1 car and the Ferrari he raced was a great tribute to a man who seems to get forgotten.
Obviously there are a great number of MVs from all eras.
All for $15
https://www.barbermuseum.org

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
The FBF superbike is the one that inspired a few of us to modify our F4s to a pretty high level.
It has been through a few hands over the last 10 years and it's great to see it at this museum.
Thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Thanks for this post, Mark. Would really love to go there but I keep spending money on new bikes.:grin2:

What you HAVE reinforced though, is how extraordinarily expensive our NEC 'Motorcycle Live' show is!!

·
Administrator
19,805 Posts
What you saw in the museum displays is actually only a small portion of the motorcycles George Barber owns. Under the museum parking lot, accessed from the bottom floor workshops, are hundreds more in an enormous warehouse.

For example, he has multiple examples of each version of the Yamaha TA-TD-TR-TZ series, including 3 of the 7 known still existing (of 10 actually made) "Yellow Tanker" 250 Yamahas that were the prototype of the TD-1 production racer.

Here's a photo of me looking at one of them shortly after acquisition (I was invited to visit with a friend who is their vintage Yamaha consultant)...we were trying to decide on the correct shade of Yellow as none were in original paint anymore.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was going add that to the post Nigel. Entry into that wonderful facility is less than parking at the NEC. The attention to detail in the museum is incredible.
The basement where they do the repairs and manufacture parts is only accessible during organised tours. Looking down into the workshops you can see numerous Haas CNC machines and other high end cutting machines.

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
Went there during the recent track day at Barber for the second time and If you are a fan of motorcycles it is a must visit. They have some of the rarest and oldest bikes anywhere. One of 10 Brittens and so many old Harleys. You gotta go

1 - 8 of 8 Posts