MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to the forum, I have fallen in love with the new brutale 800 and hope to purchase the Italia as soon as my local dealer gets it in
My question= has anyone installed handlebar risers? I have reviewed the threads and did not find any info. personally I would be more comfortable if they were up and back a little.
So, any comments will be helpful, I am curious if the cables have enough play, or can be re-routed. Any recommendations? I look forward to your replies.
Thanks RMHAQ stateside...Pennsylvania

·
Registered
307 Posts
Welcome, i think cables have enough room, not sure about how much flexibility do you have re-routing them, as MV has drilled holes to put them through asymmetrically.
Handlebar on Brutale 800 is just a handlebar, there should be no issues in replacing it.
I suggest you try to ride the bike with stock handlebar and see if you need it more upright. I am 179 cm tall and personally, I wouldn't mind if its even flatter (more down) than stock :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Milan, I plan to ride it before this mod is made. My preference has always been for a upright position. I have used many different risers on different bikes over the years. usually just raising the handlebar 2mm is fine. So the big question goes back to "is there enough length" in the lines and cables. Risers are not expensive, but if you have to change lines and cables well?????

·
Registered
77 Posts
I installed 1" risers on my b3 with no issues. Makes for a more comfortable riding position at least for me. No problems with the cables. Cant say you won't have any problems if you go bigger than an inch.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks unit 32 will you share what brand riser you used I have used R0X risers they're adjustable forward and back and offer different length can you tell me the bar thickness? I don't have a B3 yet thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts