MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As I was cruising down the road on my first ride with my new F4R something jumped up and hit/bit/kicked me in the shin. I looked around but didn't see anything. Initially I thought it could be a dog or small animal but nothing.

After I got home I realized it was my throttle side bar end that had hit my in the shin. Do these actually serve a purpose? Should I replace it? Do they keep the grips in place or keep dirt water out of the inside of the handlebars?

Thanks all.

So a google search makes it sound as though they help with vibration. Any of you run without them?

·
Registered
661 Posts
These are handlebar counterweights, and you'll notice a difference on long rides. Replace them (cost about 100 with the mounting parts and rubber washer- weird, the oem part cost more than the Corse Ergal upgrades but its also heftier), or if new purchase bring back to seller and ask for replacement. Properly mounted should not fall out. I changed mine to the Corse Ergal bar ends as in my avatar.

·
Vendor
5,282 Posts
As I was cruising down the road on my first ride with my new F4R something jumped up and hit/bit/kicked me in the shin. I looked around but didn't see anything. Initially I thought it could be a dog or small animal but nothing.

After I got home I realized it was my throttle side bar end that had hit my in the shin. Do these actually serve a purpose? Should I replace it? Do they keep the grips in place or keep dirt water out of the inside of the handlebars?

Thanks all.

So a google search makes it sound as though they help with vibration. Any of you run without them?
Warranty claim maybe?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I'll probably get them replaced. I'm sure it fell out because of the way it was packaged when it was shipped. I'm also sure I won't get anywhere with the dealership I bought it from. I suppose I'll contact another dealership and ask. Thanks

·
Registered
661 Posts
Sucks if dealer wont own up to messed up assembly. I understand its owner responsibility to maintain tightness but if brand spanking new it should be covered. Both my bikes I found loose initial delivery non critical fasteners. The mv bar ends are rubber friction mounted. Ducati are machine direct threaded to the bars-have to use breaker bar to remove. I personally think the f4 have more degradable rubber fasteners and ties than the duc. Thus higher maintenance need in the long run. Then someone said cant compare the two but I beg to differ because they are competing machines in the same genre.

·
Registered
14,415 Posts
?

Dealer screwed up on the PDI.....

Pre Delivery Inspection

demand they give you another

I mean obviously, they didn't check it :wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

·
Vendor
5,282 Posts
Yeah I'll probably get them replaced. I'm sure it fell out because of the way it was packaged when it was shipped. I'm also sure I won't get anywhere with the dealership I bought it from. I suppose I'll contact another dealership and ask. Thanks
Whenever I buy a bike new or used I go over it and check ever nut and bolt.You would be surprised on what is left loose and I bet these guys on the forum could give you some examples.:jsm:

·
Registered
14,415 Posts
lost bar end?

Seismic;
No No.....go back to the dealer you bought the bike from and tell them to replace it....they screwed up the PDI

PM me the dealer's name and number and your name......I'll call them, give me the service manager's name too

your dealer might want to look into the saga of hitcho73 in Australia......:jsm:

Mitchy knows.......:naughty::naughty::naughty:

the dealer Alto, fucked a customer over......and Forum members would not give up

the dealer lost the franchise, and the importer got canned too

MV Agusta.It actually watches this Forum.......:naughty:

and they stepped in :drummer:

and who lead that effort?

MVista and I

·
Registered
465 Posts
They are counterweights and also damp down vibrations through the bars, so as above after a bit of time you may notice that you get fatigue from the vibrations.

They are also the first thing to touch down on an off, unless you have crash bungs/sliders.

As it's the first ride, I would definitely go back to the dealer!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Since it could quite easily have bounced and gone through a car windscreen, I'd have a word with the dealer about the quality of their workmanship..

Si

·
Registered
14,415 Posts
added maintenance?

.......The MV bar ends are rubber friction mounted. Ducati are machine direct threaded to the bars-have to use breaker bar to remove. I personally think the f4 have more degradable rubber fasteners and ties than the duc. Thus higher maintenance need in the long run. Then someone said cant compare the two but I beg to differ because they are competing machines in the same genre.
that would be me:smoking:

Fragile;
if you solid mount the bar ends like Aprilia and Ducati then they are just weight.......

if you rubber mount them they become dampers

my friend owns the Aprilia Forum, one of his customers has 2 MV track bikes they now have 130,000 miles between them but NOT ALL ON THE TRACK......

with no valve adjustments necessary......

Paul Felix in SA at last report has 140,000km on his RSVR......with no valve adjustments

no Ducati can do that:jerkoff:

because the chrome flakes off the 17 different designs of rockers they've had....

why? you ask???

because the dipshit at Ducati......Massimo Bordi used Fren Tubo for oil line

Fren Tubo is brake line in Italian......its 2mm ID :wtf:

at the top of the oil cooler of a Ducati there is 65-70 PSI with 20-50 cold Redline oil......

at the cam box there is 1-2 PSI at 4,000 RPM..I MEASURED IT, NOBODY ELSE DID

the lube hole in the 1st cam lobe is 2mm ID.......how much oil gets to the last lobe?????:jsm:.......none

now look at the other head......same head, same cams, just mounted backwards......

ALL the cams turn the same direction.......so 2 have the lube holes on the wrong flank.......correct?:naughty:

rocket scientists
:naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty:

the average Jap 24 valve V6 goes 80,000 mi without a belt change and they have 48 valve springs

a Ducati......has 8 valves, no springs and goes 12,000 mi......maintenance whore

its the design:naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty:

·
Registered
14,415 Posts
Thanks all! theknurl I sent you a PM and an email about my whole experience.
thank you, PM'd you back

everyone get together with local MV owners and share a workspace the more eyes the better

:drummer:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts