MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone got aftermarket bar ends that still work ?
What weight are they ?

I like the look of the Moto Corse ones but but I found aluminum is way to light.

I made a couple up, same style, same size as the Moto Corse ones, one in stainless, one in ally and to be honest I had noticably more vibrations through the bar with the alluminium one than with no bar end at all !

I haven't ridden with the stainless one yet, it's not as heavy as the original but it's got to be an improvement on the ally..

Pics make them look dull on the edges, there nice and shiny !

Cheers
Adam

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
I was searching around for barend that can minimise the vibration.
Finally, I have the last effex conditioning barend from my local bike shop here.

The weight is only 170g, but with the long brass rod the vibration is distributed more evenly throughout.

Only sad thing is that since it was the last set, I only got to choose the blue one.

Here is the link of the product : http://www.plotonline.com/brand/effex/lineup01-5.html

Attachments

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
I was searching around for barend that can minimise the vibration.
Finally, I have the last effex conditioning barend from my local bike shop here.

The weight is only 170g, but with the long brass rod the vibration is distributed more evenly throughout.

Only sad thing is that since it was the last set, I only got to choose the blue one.

Here is the link of the product : http://www.plotonline.com/brand/effex/lineup01-5.html
I hate you!!!! :bandit:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Isn't it a bit ironic? Everywhere else on a bike we try to shave off a bit of weight here and there to save weight, carbon this, titanium that. Yet when it comes to bar ends they are better the heavier they are!

·
King of Bling
9,818 Posts
Hey Adam..

You did a nice job on those Moto Corse replica stainless bar ends..

Why don't you do the same replica design on the OEM bar ends and then polish them up afterwards.. ( they're only painted from the factory).

John

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Adam..

You did a nice job on those Moto Corse replica stainless bar ends..

Why don't you do the same replica design on the OEM bar ends and then polish them up afterwards.. ( they're only painted from the factory).

John

Could do but I think they would look too big and ugly - the Moto Corse style really look good on the bike.
I think the weight of my stainless ones will be ok.
If not, I guess I could make the shaft longer or add a brass spacer as with Mavericks effex ones.

Cheers
Adam

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just curious, but on the ride in to work this morning I was thinking about this issue. Why couldn't I just take one bar end off and fill the handle bar with BB's or pellets?? It's all hollow. Thoughts?

·
King of Bling
9,818 Posts
Could do but I think they would look too big and ugly - the Moto Corse style really look good on the bike.
I think the weight of my stainless ones will be ok.
If not, I guess I could make the shaft longer or add a brass spacer as with Mavericks effex ones.

Cheers
Adam
Hey Adam..

I know what you mean about the OEM bar ends being ugly..

I've got the alloy Moto Corse pair, but haven't tried them on the bike yet.. Mine have a small rubber block piece at the end of the bar end. Because my F4 is a 750, I'm hoping the vibration through the bars isn't going to be to serve..

Those stainless replica's are a very good idea and could be the way forward in eliminating the vibration issues..

Nice one mate

John

Attachments

·
Registered
871 Posts
No vibe is good vibe.

I have these, no vibration at any speed.

http://www.motovationusa.com/mvstore/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=713

1 x SSMO2B - MV Agusta Barend Weights/Sliders for Barend Mirror @ $89.95

MV Agusta Brutale/F4- 750/910 S/R Bar End Weights / Sliders For Barend Mirrors by Motovation

These are premium quality bar ends designed specifically for these bike, and have the correct dimensions machined on the backside just like your original MV Agusta F4/Brutale barends. Stainless Steel Finish.

These balancers are machined from solid stainless steel bar stock. Specially designed to be used with barend mirrors like the CRG Blindsights and Lane Splits with a 12 mm wide and 22mm OD land machined into the standard Motovation bar end. Will also fit most other barend mirrors including the Rizoma. They serve to counteract the high frequency vibrations that generate fatigue and discomfort while on longer rides (it'll really surprise you that these really do work!). They will not adversely affect the handling characteristics of your bike. Comes with replacement stainless steel socket screws, O-rings and brass gripper adapters to hold onto the inside of the bars. New design has easily replace pucks if you have the misfortune of damaging them.

These bar-end balancers are designed to be heavier than stock to cancel out the high frequency 2nd and 3rd order harmonic vibrations that cause the discomfort and fatigue while riding. The vibrations will still be there at about 4-5000 rpm but the annoying buzz you have felt with the stock barends won't bother you anymore. Take the Motovation test! Ride 50 miles with stock barends and then replace them with ours and go for another 50 mile ride and we'll take them back* if you do not feel a definite improvement in your riding experience! If you ride longer distances you have to have these as they'll eliminate that 'buzz' and numbness you feel in your hands after a long ride.

Will also fit other bikes with bars that have an internal diameter of 15.95 mm to 19.24 mm and at least 82mm of internal free space.

Attachments

·
King of Bling
9,818 Posts
John,

Is that not just the well nut - the bolt only just goes through ?

Adam
Yeah. I think your right.. I must be one of those " Can't understand normal thinking " people.. LOL

Mine are still in the packet and I haven't opened it..

I bought my Moto Corse bar ends from E Moto, back in the days when they still traded with some ethics and just added the parcel to the pile of stuff to go on my F4.. :laughing:

Anyway, we won't be doing much bike riding this weekend.. Have you seen it outside :jsm:

Unless your part of the Mallard family, there won't be much venturing out this weekend, over here in the UK.

:lightning

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Anyway, we won't be doing much bike riding this weekend.. Have you seen it outside :jsm:

Unless your part of the Mallard family, there won't be much venturing out this weekend, over here in the UK.

:lightning
Maybe I could test the quality of the stainless - see if they rust or not !

I think I'll do the frame plugs next in the same style but aluminium.
Here's a pic for you John.....

Attachments

·
Registered
643 Posts
Maybe I could test the quality of the stainless - see if they rust or not !

I think I'll do the frame plugs next in the same style but aluminium.
Here's a pic for you John.....
I like those a lot over the stockers, but will they vibrate more. I don't like the HUGE look of the stockers or the Motovation ones, but I also hate the vibrations. I may just have to suck it up and stay with the HUGE ones, unless those on your bike in the pic work. Let us know.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I like those a lot over the stockers, but will they vibrate more. I don't like the HUGE look of the stockers or the Motovation ones, but I also hate the vibrations. I may just have to suck it up and stay with the HUGE ones, unless those on your bike in the pic work. Let us know.
I admit the large motivation bar ends I didn't like at first....give it 2 days and then you totally forget they are even there and they look fine on the bike. The comfort change makes it worth while and now It just looks like they were there all along.

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
vibration?

here's the physics;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vibration

mass alone won't do it, (within reason)

harmonic balancers on crankshafts have a rubber mounted weights

i remove all bar end weights.......even on my KTM 625cc single!

if i was worried about bar vibration, i'd mix lead shot and RTV silicone and fill the handlebar

yes, my bars vibrate......the automatic wind mechanism counterweight bearing in my Rolex has been replaced 4 times.......the crystal 11 times since '72:jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:

i always use bar end plugs....... I took a handle bar through the middle of the back of my leathers in '75.......at a shallow angle or i wouldn't be here

just a thought

:f4::brutale:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts