MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, stupid question. I am putting rizoma grips and (I think) conical bar ends on the brute. I see on some of the websites that not all bar ends will fit. Does anybody know the internal dimensions of the Brute handlebars so I dont screw up my order?

·
Administrator
20,019 Posts
I don't know...but the fine folks at our site sponsors do...try Motovations in Texas. I have CRG bar ends milled for the CRG mirrors....work well to quell vibration, too.

·
Registered
494 Posts
The conical barends from Rizoma will fit. They have different size adapters that come with them and are a great compliment for the Rizoma grips. That being said..they are not as heavy as stock and the grips will get more buzzy as a result. I recommend our Motovation Barends which are heavier than stock and will cut about 70-75% of the vibes.

http://www.motovationusa.com/mvstore/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=190

Hope that helps. :)

Have a great holiday season!

·
Registered
396 Posts
ok, stupid question. I am putting rizoma grips and (I think) conical bar ends on the brute. I see on some of the websites that not all bar ends will fit. Does anybody know the internal dimensions of the Brute handlebars so I dont screw up my order?
bar end mirrors? I love the grips, but if you have bar end mirrors you will need different weights.:yo:

Attachments

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was not planning on bar end mirrors, but I like the design on the bar end version with the ALOT better than the other one. Do they make an aluminum collar you can fit there if you dont have bar end mirrors to make it flush?

·
Administrator
20,019 Posts
I think they offer plain or milled for the mirrors...check their catalog.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah but the plain do not have the plastic end caps they are full tapered stainless which IMHO do not look as good. Thats why I was wondering if they offered the collar for the mirror ones.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Will the mirror one's fit Napolean style Rizomas? I may go that route, but to be honest I like the look of the stock mirrors (I know I am in the minority)

·
Administrator
20,019 Posts
I like the look of the stock mirrors as well...just not the view when using them. I'd rather have a clear view of what's coming from behind.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I like the look of stocks also, but am probably to pick up the Arrow bar ends. If I lived in a rural area I would keep the stock ones, but there is too much traffic here.

One thing i noticed about the stock mirror is that if I am in an aggressive tucked riding position they seem to be a lot better, but the majority of the time when I am seated more upright is when I have to really jockey around to use them.

I put a convex mirror on each of them and it helps, but I might need to look at some additional convex mirrors because they make everything seem really far away and it is hard to get used to.

What would be really cool is if there was a mirror like those on my Ford Fiesta. They have a blind spot mirror built into the regular mirror. That would be a great product for the MV, You could keep the stock mirror look but have a high level of functionality.

·
Registered
494 Posts
The stock mirrors are quite terrible. Above 4k rpm you cannot see anything because they were vibrating so much. That was the reason why I switched to the barend mirrors with the weighted barends. The added weight from the barends and the mirrors also took out a lot of the vibes from the grips which made riding longer distances much more tolerable. Besides...we kind of like the 'de-antennaed' look. :) More like a streetfighter should look IMHO.

The new CRG Arrow mirrors are the best mirrors we have encountered strictly based on their ability to be adjusted in so many different ways.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok not to be a complainer but I am anal when it comes to my bikes. I just realized that the stock mirror connectors are the same piece that holds the brake and clutch levers so if I do go bar end mirrors I am stuck with some dumb looking triangular piece on my bars that serves no purpose. So my choices with the Rizoma grips are A: lighter rizoma bar ends. B: ugly stainless bar ends. Or C: nice looking stainless bar ends with a 12mm indent for bar end mirrors.

I don't know I thought I was settled in the rizoma classic bar ends with the motivation bar ends. But the stock mirror base thing is going to bug me. Anybody figured a way to remove those?

·
Registered
49 Posts
hi

just installed new rizoma grips and made sure i have the correct adaptor. throttle working fine.
installed new mv corse crash protectors / bar ends...and here starts the problem.
the new throttle grip slides horizontally. it slides approx 1cm to the right and it disconnects from the new adaptor.

is there any solution to this? or do i need rizoma protectors so that the new grip does not not slide?

thanks

michael

·
Registered
396 Posts
I don't think you have the adaptor installed correctly, it is not in the correct location inside the throttle cable housing, when it is the grip will not slide to the right.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Ok not to be a complainer but I am anal when it comes to my bikes. I just realized that the stock mirror connectors are the same piece that holds the brake and clutch levers so if I do go bar end mirrors I am stuck with some dumb looking triangular piece on my bars that serves no purpose. So my choices with the Rizoma grips are A: lighter rizoma bar ends. B: ugly stainless bar ends. Or C: nice looking stainless bar ends with a 12mm indent for bar end mirrors.

I don't know I thought I was settled in the rizoma classic bar ends with the motivation bar ends. But the stock mirror base thing is going to bug me. Anybody figured a way to remove those?
Motovation have these replacements as well:

http://www.motovationusa.com/mvstore/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=236

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ofnoa, that is perfect. Thanks! I did finally end up ordering the Rizoma classic bar end mirrors in black and the Motivation bar ends with the mirror insert. I will have to go ahead and order a set of these too.

·
Administrator
20,019 Posts
I suggest you VERY CAREFULLY remove the tiny c-clip on the original mirror mount clamp pivot pin (use a jewelers screwdriver with a magnet so it doesn't fly away)...and then reuse the original pins on your MotoVations clamps (the c-clip is easily re-installed by finger tips).

The roll-pins supplied by MotoVations just aren't as clean and secure IMHO.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts