MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yes this may be the wrong thread but I dont recall the other 3 cylinder bikes having the same bar end weights.

Does anyone know what the thread size is for the bar ends on the B3? I'm thinking of turning a new set out of titanium that will better accept mirrors and get rid of the stupid gap and the left hand side. Obviously its a metric thread and it looks to me like somewhere around an m12 but I dont have a tap on me to check.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Did you find out for sure? I believe it's a M16 x 1.5 but I'm not 100% sure (just some quick measurements of my stock bar end weights with a pair of calipers). Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if it's SAE thread!

The only common application with this M16 x 1.5 bar end is the Yamaha FZ6/FZ1

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Theyre for sure metric. I believe theyre also 16 X 1.5 (I dont have the model in front of my on my computer). I'm in the process of trying to figure out if the dragster bars are the same thread as its a pretty popular bike. The new weights turned (no pun intended) lovely. In case you havent seen them (and so I can shamelessly plug my thread) theyre here: http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=127401

·
Registered
65 Posts
Neal, wow your bar ends look fantastic! As a mechanical engineer I just love what you did.
What do you think about making them out of stainless, extending them a tad, and rounding the end for those who don't want bar end mirrors but would like a heavier bar end to help reduce vibes?

I could do the CAD modifications :)

·
Registered
800 Posts
Do heavier bar ends reduce vibration? I ask because I just removed the factory bar ends for a nicer looking Corse set. However the corse set is substantially lighter. Let me know your thoughts on this. Thaks

·
Registered
800 Posts
Well the verdict is in.. Putting my OEM bar ends back on! The vibration was pretty uncomfortable.

Anyone want a pair of MV Corse black bar ends? PM me I'll send them to you

1 - 11 of 11 Posts