MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend I went to MV dealership to check out the new Dragster. Dig the cool mirror setup and thought it anyone has tried or contemplated installing the bar end mirrors from dragster model on a Brutale 1090. Here are some picture

Welcome your feedback and input ImageUploadedByMO Free1397521456.137679.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1397521468.534500.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1397521480.534037.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1397521490.667744.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am definitely considering this addition to my Brutale 990r. Will post pictures if I can get my hands on the parts. Do you have any idea where I can procure them if the dealer here takes eons to import them?

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
On the few MV parts I have enquired about I suspect you'll find it'll be cheaper to buy the bike! :laughing:

·
Registered
56 Posts
I asked for a price on those at my local dealer and it came out at 440usd for one side.
I think that is vith our local tax which is 25% but still.:thewife:

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
It doesn't surprise me, when I enquired about the dragster belly pan it's £280 for two bits of pressed aluminium and some screws!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't post commercial links here, but if you google you can find these mirrors made by the same FAR which designed and supplies the Dragster mirrors for ~$208/pair

Google this term : "Folding bar end mirror with lever guard 7490/91 pair"

·
Registered
582 Posts
I would definitely AVOID the dragster bar end mirrors!!

If you are going to position them once, then not move them ever again, they are perfect.

If, like me, you like to fold them in occasionally to filter, they will come loose very very quickly. Tightening it works until you attempt to adjust it again.

Mine are permanently tucked in now; I dont use them.

Instead, I just use my Reevu helmet

Kag

·
Registered
447 Posts
I would definitely AVOID the dragster bar end mirrors!!

If you are going to position them once, then not move them ever again, they are perfect.

If, like me, you like to fold them in occasionally to filter, they will come loose very very quickly. Tightening it works until you attempt to adjust it again.

Mine are permanently tucked in now; I dont use them.

Instead, I just use my Reevu helmet

Kag
+1 At first I was :smoking: and now I am like :wtf::bawling:

I hate those mirrors. Since riding I have hit maybe 3 car mirrors with my own and since owning the dragster I have hit 2. When I get back from Amsterdam my plan is to remove them completely and use non bar end mirrors.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Resurrecting an old thread here, but I'd like to rid my bike of the stock mirrors due to poor visibility. The Dragster mirrors in the photo above shows branding of "VIPER"?

Has anyone else ordered these mirrors and does it read Viper on the outside? Did they hold up or fail after folding them in?

The Viper branding might be more than what I'm looking for. Any feedback is appreciated!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts