MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I'd think it would depend greatly on how much hold the stock bar mounts provide. Take the pin out and remount. If the bars turn in the mounts then it's necessary. A lot of pressure can be exerted on the bars, so give it a good try.

Personnally, I'd pull the the pin, find the position you like, mark it and drill a new hole for the pin.

Remember, all the controls are pinned as well, so if you need to turn them to match you'll need to do the same for all of them.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Removed all the pins from my standard bars and controls to adjust to my preferences. No problems at all. I now have Rizoma bars that don't have any pins at all.

Cheers

Deano

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Im going to try and remove it. Does it unscrew out? I don't want to damage anything.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
after you re-move it check that the real wheel is still there ........
no nothing happens just pull it out

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh killcity, please don't try to remove it, the pin is part of your Phase Shifter

:jsm::jsm:

:popcorn:

No no, you've got it all wrong. The phase solenoid is fused at 100amps, so when the shifter kicks in, the tantronic valve closes and a large energy vortex is created which helps cut down on co2 emissions at the expense of irradiating everything within a 50 foot radius.

The pin is just there because they had a bunch of leftover pins and didn't know what to do with them.

*shrug*

1 - 9 of 9 Posts