MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a bag of bolts from a tear down of a 910 for $50 a few years ago and initially questioned my purchase. I cannot tell you how many times I have been saved by that bag of bolts. Today for example I was bleeding brakes and clutch. The clutch slave cylinder nipple snapped off as I tried to loosen it. My day was ruined until I looked in that bag of bolts and found the entire clutch space cylinder. The day was saved. Anyone else snag a bag of bolts and have been saved by them?

·
Premium Member
2,933 Posts
Yes, and it's even nicer to be able save friends' days. Up until this week I've had all my bags o' bolts I've come across in errmm, bags. Can't believe it took me so long to discover organizers.

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,750 Posts
I really need to organize all my bags and boxes of fasteners..... started once, but the task was daunting !!

·
Premium Member
2,933 Posts
Do it Ed! I started out of boredom when New York was on lockdown but a week later part of our business is deemed essential. Can't stop now. I need to get more organizers and work on the rest of the bags.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited by Moderator)
Yes, and it's even nicer to be able save friends' days. Up until this week I've had all my bags o' bolts I've come across in errmm, bags. Can't believe it took me so long to discover organizers.
I saw how neat and organized this was compared to mine so I ran up to Home Depot. I’m officially semi-organized.

·
Registered
14,676 Posts
1st thing I did with my bag of bolts was to have everything replated
From axles on down......then they went into Plano fishing tackle boxes,
The clear single layer ones and a set of drawers

·
Registered
127 Posts
Harbor freight sells those organizers for like zero money; have a similar set up with all kinds of random automotive bolts, grommets, spacers etc.

I've thought about doing the zinc re-plate thing also, but it's probably easier and cheaper just to swap all the bolts to titanium.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have saved nuts and bolts since I started riding and driving, MANY years ago! So I have vast quantities from many different machines, Imperial, SAE and Metric. Most of the time they sit there, doing nothing, but when the need arises they are indispensible. I've just started substituting various fasteners on the MV with Ti, so the MV fasteners will begin their lives as standbys!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts