MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello lads n lasses,

Quick question, has anyone with a Brutale Triple (675 or 800) ever removed the baffles from their OEM exhaust please?

If so, how or did you take it to a shop to get done? Or does anyone know how this can be done without cutting into and re-welding the exhaust please?

Thanks in advance :D (y)

DSC_0370.jpg

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not baffles but I got rid of my Catalytic converters. Really opens it up, feels like a different bike
Hhhmmmmm, only thing with the cat removal is emissions and i suspect a possible remap would be required...?

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Remap not too bad, you could go with a basic kit ROM. The lambda sensor is before the CAT not after so the emissions at low rpm where the O2 sensor operates will ok as the ECU will still be trying to compensate.

Its a bigger cut and shut to remove the Cat than on the F3 / F4 which takes a coupe of hours, so not too big a job, a full mornings work mechanically and then a quick re-flash and AFT check in the afternoon. Sounds like a great way to spend a Saturday

Reactions: 312R Dan

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Remap not too bad, you could go with a basic kit ROM. The lambda sensor is before the CAT not after so the emissions at low rpm where the O2 sensor operates will ok as the ECU will still be trying to compensate.

Its a bigger cut and shut to remove the Cat than on the F3 / F4 which takes a coupe of hours, so not too big a job, a full mornings work mechanically and then a quick re-flash and AFT check in the afternoon. Sounds like a great way to spend a Saturday
Yea, I hear ya. I still like the idea of a 10 minute job to whip off the stock can and put the new one on, or a bit longer and open it up to remove baffles n weld back together. I'm hoping to get a custom pipe made up with a local fab firm of some sort, keep the small places going, have something custom and with the look I'm after. Did read a thread earlier that was really interesting and had the exact type of silencer I'd imagined, waiting to see if they can still be bought, but was in the USA and customs from there gets expensive, plus I like the idea of supporting local manufacturing and getting something kind of unique... :D Will let you know how I get on :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I took mine to a shop because I didn't want to do any damage as I don't know so much about this. Did you do it?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I took mine to a shop because I didn't want to do any damage as I don't know so much about this. Did you do it?
No, having a custom silencer made, pick it up tomorrow, so will post a pic/vid. That way I can keep the standard one for longer journey's and if I ever sell her :D (y)

How much difference did the baffle removal make to your bike?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts