MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can somebody explaine to me why some f4 have a"crc" badge on the fairing side panels and top yolk ,and others have the tricolour italian flag ? i have seen both and also mixed , with the tricolour o the side fairings and the crc on the top yolk. it it just a matter of whichever badge was in the box that day ,or is there a plan to it ?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
What an interesting question, my F4 built 10/05 has tri-colour on both the side fairings and the yolk, no CRC to be found....
Anyone got an idea of the logic involved?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I think MV went with the tri-color Italian badge for the 1000 line up. All the 750's have the CRC badge.

dgalleo 2004 SPR 184/300

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
THERE ARE TWO F4 IN BLOEMFONTEIN , SOUTH AFRICA . MINE A single seat has the crc badges , and the other a biposto , has the flag on both sides. both are 750 .

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I concur with David. My 750 F4 had the CRC badges on whereas my 1000 has the tri-colour ones.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
MV Agusta was "revived" by the Castiglioni brothers, who acuired it from the Agusta family, as part of the Cagiva group in the '90s. The F4 CC is in recognition of Claudio Castiglioni.

The CRC stands for Cagiva Research Centre or Centro Ricerche Cagiva .

The controling interest in MV Agusta was then sold to the Proton Group with a small percentage of shares remaining with Tamborini and Castiglioni (not 100% certain here). The sale was in the press at the time and there was some speculation as to the future of MV and I recall the production of the F4 was limited to say the least.

A guess is that when the controling interest was sold the CRC was replaced.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Badges? We dont need no stinking badges!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
john said:
I concur with David. My 750 F4 had the CRC badges on whereas my 1000 has the tri-colour ones.
But the 1000 Senna has CRC badges, so original question still remains unanswered?? :)

·
Registered
301 Posts
agusta01 said:
But the 1000 Senna has CRC badges, so original question still remains unanswered?? :)
So it looks like what box of badges was around on the day is a good an answer as any.... very Italian too.....

:stickpoke

Doc

·
Registered
398 Posts
Nothing against Italian builds but they use what they have left and most 750's had crc but I would assume some extra crc badges were left over and there you have it :)

·
Registered
418 Posts
same with the front fender refleectors, some bikes have em, others dont; doesnt appear to have anything to do with US vs euro model, as I have seen both ways. I think the front fender reflector guy takes holiday often, which is common in europe, and when he is on holiday no reflectors get placed.

·
Registered
796 Posts
i think i can have a guess at this.crc is located in san marino which is not a part of italy,but a country in it s own right although it s probably smaller than some peoples homes in the usa.so the bikes that we re made in the crc plant ,especially in the early days, had the crc badges and those who we re made in the italian factories had the italian badge.plus i think that it s writen somewhere on the mv agusta official site that all the special edition bikes we re made at crc in san marino.it's probably not the only reason but might be a part of it

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Obmot said:
same with the front fender refleectors, some bikes have em, others dont; doesnt appear to have anything to do with US vs euro model, as I have seen both ways. I think the front fender reflector guy takes holiday often, which is common in europe, and when he is on holiday no reflectors get placed.

I've never seen a MV in the UK with the front fender reflectors and to be honest I'm glad mine hasn't got them. Pig Ugly IMO :piss:

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
john said:
I've never seen a MV in the UK with the front fender reflectors and to be honest I'm glad mine hasn't got them. Pig Ugly IMO :piss:

Reflectors are certainly required in the US.... My US spec bike in the UK had them (not MV). None of my MVs here do. All Harleys I've seen do.

How MVs have them or not I'm not sure. I thought it was something you could peel off though. France seems to have some different laws...check their helmets for that. Not sure if that affects bikes....never paid that much attention to it riding around.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
allias86 said:
i think i can have a guess at this.crc is located in san marino which is not a part of italy,but a country in it s own right although it s probably smaller than some peoples homes in the usa.so the bikes that we re made in the crc plant ,especially in the early days, had the crc badges and those who we re made in the italian factories had the italian badge.plus i think that it s writen somewhere on the mv agusta official site that all the special edition bikes we re made at crc in san marino.it's probably not the only reason but might be a part of it
I reckon you are correct on this one! I seem to recall this explanation now you have raised it.

And those reflectors, we dont have them thank goodness, and also in Aus we can have very small number plates, John I think in the UK they are still huge?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts