Registered
417 Posts
Very sad news

RIP

and GWS

·
Registered
228 Posts
obviously very sad for all involved and effected, can we do a roll call of forum members to check if we're missing anyone?

·
Registered
520 Posts
anyone know any forum members who went to the IOM this year. I know a couple are residents there.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
anyone know any forum members who went to the IOM this year. I know a couple are residents there.
Oh man, i hope it's no one forme the forum :stickpoke

I know Ade (local resident) and some others were going http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14956 but i see no one with a R on the registery.
I just hope the local news didn't get that wrong and the bike involved is a 312R as some forum members attending IOM have one :jsm::stickpoke

·
Registered
82 Posts
RIP,

I was over in the IOM last week, the mountain is all one-way with no speed limit great fun but very easy to get it wrong. I followed a friend how knows the roads really well, did see a big crash on one of the days. It makes you think when you watch the bike in the distance hit the grass, the rider goes one-way, the bike goes the other and ends up on a 6ft high bank 8ft away from the road. The police and local are really are great. However, the rider didn’t look too good really smashed up but was still with us.

Keep safe

·
King of Bling
9,828 Posts
Sad news, and I'm sure all our thoughts go out to both riders families..

I think accidents like this is all part of the IOM, and especially on TT week.. I’m afraid it might even be the norm..

I go to the Manx GP every other year, and I can’t remember a single visit when some poor rider didn’t meet his maker.. It doesn’t matter whether you’re a good rider or just a novice, it can happen to anyone over on the IOM..

Thankfully Ade C is ok, and wasn't involved..

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Man that is so sad. I have been watching the IOM events though they are a day old and I am sure they will cover this. I am not really sure but these were not racers racing right...? More like public riding on their own bikes and this unfortunate event happened? RIP and I hope that other guy recovers with no lasting damage! SO sad.

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
Wot ho!!

I'm deeply touched by the concern shown on this thread about my safety.

Thank You!!

Nope

Its not me who was the unlucky sod who piled it up the mountain (Hailwoods Rise) :smoking: I have been too busy with fitting an Ohlins TTX on a clients 1098 Ducati, and of course testing it comprehensively.

It has been quite bad here this year for serious injuries and some folk have been riding like complete twats, others have just innocently been caught up in the aftermath of some of the mayhem that ensued, just normal stuff for the TT races.

The last day I was seriously out giving the MV a spanking was last Friday, when I
bumped into Marco Luccineli (Not literally) at St Ninians crossroads @ the top of Bray Hill at the traffic lights.
He was riding a desmodicci and I tapped the seat to show my respect, he showed me and my MV the same courtesy.:yo:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Ah! There you are...... we here worried about you and you were sitting on a 1098 :jerkoff:. You lousy traitor!!! :toothless

1 - 20 of 28 Posts