MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it's time for me to get a real back protector. my z-leathers have a pad in there, but it's not really the right thing.

what kind of back protectors do people here have? what do you like about it? what don't you like? would you get it again or something else?

tia,
alex

·
Registered
673 Posts
I previously had a Spidi, and now I have the ForceField (TPro). I read a few different reviews, and it looks like the ForceField is pretty consistently best in show. Personally, I like it, though it's a little short for me (I got a large, and I'm 6'4"). It's comfortable, but a little hotter than my spidi.

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
I have the Z leather's full back protector, very happy with it... it uses a kind of foam that is very similar to the Kushitani's K foam(?), it abosorbs impact very well... no hard armour on it though.

When I was at Kushitani, they did a demo on their back protector by placing it on the floor and dropping a marble ball the size of a golf ball from eye level onto the back protector, the ball barely bounces. they did it with a few of other types of back protectors and the ball always bounced a lot more, and I took my Z protector off and tried the same test and it did just as well if not better than the Kushitani ones. I know this test is mostly just a sales stunt but I just wanted to share it.

I also have a Dainese protector from 2002 and it worked fine too.

I must mention that I have never had any serious highside get offs that involves landing on my back, and I am glad that haven't.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Alpinestars Tech Back Protector...
has an integrated kidney belt too...gives back support for those 400 mile days, and keeps it in place. fully adjustable.
I tested mine with a 80mph high side....landed close to flat on my back. there is actually outlines of the plastic ribs (from the protector) on the outside of my leathers where it caused an impression from impact, not sliding. Broke a couple of bottom ribs...I guess they are not as firmly attached to the sternum. Anyways I think it did real well, glad I had it....its on the upper end of bulkiness copared to others I have seen, but as they say, too much is never enough.

·
Registered
735 Posts
i have these (one in each jacket):

I like them as I don't have to put them on seperate - they fit into a pouch in the jacket. Maybe Z could add a pouch?

Attachments

·
Registered
375 Posts
I have the Dainese Wave protector like the one Mika posted above (To the Right). I use these in my jackets that have pouches.

For the track however, and for my 1 piece race suit I use a full size (Neck to lower tail bone) Dainese Wave full size which has adjustable shoulder straps and a kidney belt.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
I have the G2 back protector in my Dainese jacket but have not crash tested it yet. Feels comfortable and solid- but definitely does not have the coverage some full back systems may have that strap to your body.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I use the Icon Field Armor Vest made by Asphalt Technologies. Great back ridged protection down to the tail bone. Also has some good chest bone protection! Great fit (adjustable and secure!!!) :)

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
lewdog998 said:
Alpinestars Tech Back Protector...
has an integrated kidney belt too...gives back support for those 400 mile days, and keeps it in place. fully adjustable.
I tested mine with a 80mph high side....landed close to flat on my back. there is actually outlines of the plastic ribs (from the protector) on the outside of my leathers where it caused an impression from impact, not sliding. Broke a couple of bottom ribs...I guess they are not as firmly attached to the sternum. Anyways I think it did real well, glad I had it....its on the upper end of bulkiness copared to others I have seen, but as they say, too much is never enough.
I had a friend crash on the track while wearing this protector and he escaped with no damage, even though he landed on his back and slid into the wall :eek:

·
2,155 Posts
I purchased a Knox touring protector 4 years ago and had it modified to fit better, particulary on the sides.( had to get my leathers altered aslo) took quite a while to mold but now its like a second skin! and has been tested 2x times on the track, a slam dunk onto back / side plus low side onto back with no injuries just some soreness :eek:

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have three different types of jackets that I use on the street (roadcrafter, vanson and motosport) but have decided to go for the very best protection I can using separate armor for back, chest, shoulders, elbows, knees, neck, etc. I started doing dirt, want the protection and want the best. Heard knox, Bohn, Tpro are all good... what's the BEST for each type???

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Dainese Wave for my one piece leather suite (Dainese W-Frame). Best available.
For textile wear - no idea, I don´t wear it. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts