MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After being away from the Forum for a few years, I’ve decided to make the time to get back out on the Brutale. Weather permitting and a passed MOT tomorrow I’ll be heading out for a “get to know you again” ride.
Really looking forward to it as other than starting it up every now and then the bike hasn’t been off the stands for 2 years.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, looks like I’m going nowhere this weekend. Bike failed MOT due to no indicators, guess who needs a new
SPU !!!!

Seems time has taken its toll and the dreaded Brutale SPU meltdown has caught up with me.

·
Administrator
19,858 Posts
Well that just sucks..... You are sure it's the SPU?

I take it all indicators light up, just don't blink? Or do they not come on at all? Fuses all checked OK?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well that just sucks..... You are sure it's the SPU?

I take it all indicators light up, just don't blink? Or do they not come on at all? Fuses all checked OK?
Afraid so, showing all the Classic signs, they blink when setting alarm but nothing when using the turn switch. Headlight now stays on when engine switched off so pretty much resigned to getting replacement.

Have an ISO ad up now so hopefully someone will have one. Really don’t want to pay £400 for a new one but will give it a few days and see if anything comes up. If not will just have to part with the cash as I’m not having it sitting doing nothing in the garage for another summer.

·
Registered
50 Posts
bummer on the failed part,
any idea what damaged it ?

Do you have any way to test your system before you install a new part?
any chance you can swap it into another machine to see if it works

1 - 6 of 6 Posts