MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After what was a relatively minor low-side on the track 3 months ago (on the R1, not the mv thank [email protected]#!), I've ended up with a screw in my right wrist that has kept me off the bikes for all that time. But today, I managed to get out for a thrash on brutale! I'd only had it 2 weeks and got 1000k's on it before the accident, so I'd really forgotten just how good it is.

Interestingly though, the snatchy throttle seems heaps worse than what I remember. It had it's first service a few weeks ago and it seems something has changed. It's a friggin' pain in the tight twisties and I just don't remember it being quite that bad. Anyway, I'll be tracking down a Microtec ecu as that seems to be the fix. Not sure if there's anyone near me that can tune it, but got to be better than stock.

Only other thing I noticed was when changing down gears, I usually blip the throttle (out of habbit) and when I do the gear clunks in really hard, transmitting it through the clutch and the slave & master cylinders and back up to the lever. Is this because of the slipper clutch maybe? If I don't blip it between changes, it doesn't seem to do it, or only very slightly. Is normal?

Anyway, hope to be getting out on it some more. Maybe track down some brissie riders if there are any out there?

Just got some new mirrors and indicators too, looks much cleaner, will post some pics tomorrow. Good to be back on the bike!!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks O-mac, it is good to back!

Some pics, not very good, but get an idea of the mirrors etc. IMHO, looks better not having those big orange indicators hanging off it - and the mirrors actually work too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
1078'

Hi Champ I have an 09 1078 and have found that reving it to down shift tends to make the shift a little harsh that is during normal riding but when on it a bit I tend to give it a rev and it seems to shift relatively well Cheers

·
Registered
250 Posts
nice bike. Sure its not just the click in the lever from the slipper clutch your feeling?

My 1078RR has about 2500kms on it and the gear shift quality is still real notchy and hard, nothing like the smooth shifting F4 I have but thats got 18,000kms on it. Hoping it will loosen up. Defo do the microtec, I can give you maps.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nice bike. Sure its not just the click in the lever from the slipper clutch your feeling?

Defo do the microtec, I can give you maps.
Thanks davman, it could well be just that and a tight gearbox. Have emailed xbikes last week, but still no word from them (probably bad timing). Thanks for offer of maps too, much appreciated.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure about language on this forum, but farrrrrrrrk me!!! Finally got out today since that first post a few weeks ago (it's been raining here ever since), and I just can't believe how good this bike is! While the fueling is so bad to the point were I reckon it's dangerous and shoudn't be allowed to sell them like this, who cares?! The rest of it is just an animal, it's farrrking obscene! I can't remember having so much fun on a bike for a long time. I was laughing out loud more than once. It carves through the twisties like a s'motard and trying to keep the front wheel planted is a pointless exercise in self control. This bike is like nothing else out there, there's just no comparison to anything IMO, which is probably why I bought it in the first place. You know how you test ride a bike, then end up with one and you know it was good, and you ride it a few more times and it's great, but then all of sudden everything just falls into place - that happened today!

bring on more dry days (and a microtec)!

Sorry for the rant, I'm still pumped! :)

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
he he - luv a fuel obsessed rant!

I feel the same every time I get back from a blast too on a slightly better behaved 910...I just don't write it up as I find typing with gloves difficult.

We feel ya love!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts