MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wife says no pics, but if you look at Danny's neck.... urgh, apparently woman see things we don't.

Anyway, who saw AspP's massive moment on the Tech3 bike in Q4, that mans balls will be blue today, much like Bautista's arm. With the amount of moments Bradle was having, I was expecting him to go for a flyer very soon. Bradley Smith didn't let me down, they should have Cammier on that bike.

I think Marc is nuts, and he enjoys it too.

Does anybody know why Colin is leaving before the years out ?

And EsaA going to Suzuki, I think, but hope not, that he might be missing that orange Yamaha half way through next year.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Wife says no pics, but if you look at Danny's neck.... urgh, apparently woman see things we don't.

Anyway, who saw AspP's massive moment on the Tech3 bike in Q4, that mans balls will be blue today, much like Bautista's arm. With the amount of moments Bradle was having, I was expecting him to go for a flyer very soon. Bradley Smith didn't let me down, they should have Cammier on that bike.

I think Marc is nuts, and he enjoys it too.

Does anybody know why Colin is leaving before the years out ?

And EsaA going to Suzuki, I think, but hope not, that he might be missing that orange Yamaha half way through next year.
Colin says he had a hard time to adapt to his Yamaha Open specifications and the new brdgstone tyres. Taht´s the reason to be always behind his team mate Alex espargaro. And that did he what he could when MotoGP was different, more fun, without the technological aids the bikes have now. And that at fourty, it´s time to settle down and devote his time to his family.
They have a ranch in Texas that provide off road courses and are now totally commited to this.
Taken from "GB RACING", a french magazine (nº8)
That´s it, Dons.

·
Administrator
19,512 Posts
Watching on FOX1 Sports here in Atlanta.....we are actually getting all 3 classes....a first as far as I can remember....

Moto3 was a barn burner.....great race!
Moto2 being broadcast now. Poor Josh Herrin, American road racing isn't up to world standards anymore. Thanks AMA/DMG....

Bob Varsha is the non-race action commentator......when they are showing him in his booth (just interviewed Carmella) you can see a Tamburini in the back ground on his left side (our right)......so whose Tambo is it??

·
Registered
145 Posts
Broadcasting in the USA weak!!

Epic failure in broadcasting the Indy MotoGP race, where I live anyways, in the SF Bay Area. Anyways, a little halfway through the race broadcasting was cut off on Fox sports due to what was said to be a power failure on site. Then when it did come back on 15 minutes later it was just images without any commentaries. The commentary before the outage was less than desired as well. I'm sure it was much better when seen from other countries. Commentators for USA races seem very bland when compared to outside the Country. Hope the race was broadcasted in its entirety where you live.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Epic failure in broadcasting the Indy MotoGP race, where I live anyways, in the SF Bay Area. Anyways, a little halfway through the race broadcasting was cut off on Fox sports due to what was said to be a power failure on site. Then when it did come back on 15 minutes later it was just images without any commentaries. The commentary before the outage was less than desired as well. I'm sure it was much better when seen from other countries. Commentators for USA races seem very bland when compared to outside the Country. Hope the race was broadcasted in its entirety where you live.
Agreed.....I did actually enjoy the last lap without commentary.

·
Administrator
19,512 Posts
Yeah.....I was like " WHAT THE [email protected]#K".......suddenly lots of ads and the occasional apologetic update due to the "power outage"....then rejoined for the last lap !!!!

I personally enjoyed the MotoGP feed with actual on camera sound....without the commentators I felt more a part of the race (or finish and cool off lap anyway)...

Congrats Marquez... Jorge and Rossi, too. I think we missed some epic action during the outage.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I think we missed some epic action during the outage.
Errr I don't think you did? No outage over here but then I'd lost interest once Marc got to the front, I was watching it on my iPad whilst the coverage of the British Superbikes was on the TV. Found myself concentrating on the racing on the tv and glimpsing at the iPad from time to time just to check the order of procession hadn't changed ;)

·
Administrator
19,512 Posts
I figured there was some good racing back behind Marquez.....once the new "alien" found his way past to the front and left.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Are you sure he is? The BTSport commentary just made a big thing out of it being his last race in the US, not his absolute last race.

Si
No I'm not Si, not sure at all.
Right back to Friday the English commentators where saying he will definitely missing Bruno, even announced his replacement, but kept saying he might be back for a last UK round.... confused the fuck out of me, as they did not say anything about the rest of the year.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Colin had said he will not be racing all of the remaining rounds this year he would only be racing Silverstone, Misano and Valencia where Forward would have a 3rd bike for Colin to ride. No reason has been given but speculation is that they don't have enough money to pay Colin for the remainder of the season.

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2014/Jul/140730-5.htm

That being said he said after the race that he might not be racing any more rounds this year.

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2014/Aug/140810ce2.htm

·
Registered
5,915 Posts
I was at the race and was really excited the first 7 laps but when marquez went to the front i knew it was only a fight for 2nd place so i left. One thing about the bikes. Television does not do them justice. The speed and sound down the front straight cannot be described

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 16 of 16 Posts