MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally after 2 1/2 years my 1 st ride. Got bike back today with new Michelin Anakee's on it .
Had a great ride near my home in the forests on hard packed sand and gravel roads.
Great little bike this 250 scrambler :)

Ps , ignition key jump out all the time , any tips how to fix this ?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Nice and very rare bike. You can take a rubber band from a bottling jar like the did it in the 50ies.
Or you have to buy a new key because the old one is worn out there where it is hold by the little balls in the ignition lock.

Regards

Alexander

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx Alexander , doing now with something elastic :)
Know the bike is rare , like 52 made. I don't want to restore it , it still has the original tie raps to fasten the cables etc...

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Very nice little bike.

·
Super Moderator
22,836 Posts
That Thing Is Awesome!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Je l'adore! :mouthwate

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Great Ride

I like the heading of your post "Back from a great ride" but really that's a normal thing on any old MV, every single ride is a great ride, even if it breaks down ;)

Beautiful bike, it looks ready to do 'the business' not just live in a garage..

With your key problem, I noticed with some of the older Fiats of the 60s & early 70's the keys would wear really easily, I think it was the soft metal used by the key manufactures & in those days all the italians companies used pretty much the same manufacturers - sometimes just getting a new key cut would solve the problem, I am not sure if that would work here but the the sake of a few Euro, it would be worth a try as a quick easy solution. If that doesn't work, then the ignition barrel tumblers are worn & the only way to fix that is with a replacement ignition switch.

·
Registered
14,676 Posts
Greny;
congrats.......great little bike

sounds like you need a new key and an old fashioned locksmith to make it....good luck:drummer:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts