·
Registered
14,501 Posts
There are 487 THREADS on
oil type
filter type
oil quantity
oil pressure sending units
Did anyone look at my sticky "For all the new 1st Gen owners....."???
Could I have made it any easier??????

My shop is available to Forum members at no cost.....OK, you're buying lunch
I've watched for years, people struggling to lock the rear wheel to undo their wheel nuts
Nobody used their brains or looked in my stickys .....simple put a tie down strap through the wheel and foot peg foot peg mount.....done!

Mention the crooks at Emoto and feel the wrath of the people they cheated

·
Read Only
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks fellas. For my sins i am working still through this Corona crap because people still need their ill and injured pets looked after. I am perfectly happy with my behaviour on this forum and indeed in life generally.
We managed to get a golf ball out of a Boxer dog today who had probably 48 hours to live without difficult and complex surgery. There's a 90% chance that dog will recover.
Kind of puts knowing which spanner fits a certain nut into perspective IMHO.
Right, let's all move on and be nice!

·
Administrator
19,841 Posts
I say the more threads the merrier !!!
Good to know you are taking care of the fur babies during this mess @Grindle.
Where is your veterinary hospital? Forum members may want to call on you for your services.....

Reactions: nigelrb

·
Read Only
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
We are overloaded with work as it is and down 2 on staff so we will focus on existing customers for quite some time to come. I have finished for the day having had a 5.30am start.

·
Registered
27 Posts

·
Administrator
19,841 Posts
Michael Mcline, an experienced mechanical engineer who is on the Facebook MV Owners page, had this to say about oils. I think he has good basis for his opinions:
Just to clarify, I’m not saying 10w-60 is “wrong” per say. I’m saying it’s not ideal and that there are better options. 10W-60 has effective operating range covering the temperature range for oil in any MV motor, regardless of usage and climate. My point is 5W-40 or 10W-40 can also cover the entire oil temperature range of any MV motor, regardless of climate and usage. If you compare 10W-60 to 10W-40, same manufacturer and product line, you’ll find VI to be 10-15% greater in the 10-40, or 5-40 as it were. VI is a standardized method to determine oils ability to maintain viscosity stability. As the oil ages in its service life, it’s viscosity range becomes compromised, it thickens and trends toward its base viscosity. This becomes particularly common with broader multi-viscous oils, like 10-60. Choose oil for your machine at your own discretion but understand your engine is Babbitt bearing crank, cams and balancer with practical oil temperature operating range of 5-130C. Those are primary factors in determining effective oil viscosity.

Reactions: silentservice703
21 - 30 of 30 Posts