MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2005 Brutale 750s
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I’ll start off by saying that I had a fuel leak. I started the bike recently to warm it up and then I noticed something leaking out of the back, right side of the bike. It was fuel flowing onto the exhaust, haha great!!!

So I wanted to pull the tank and see where it was coming from. I disconnected the wiring connector and then noticed the fitting ( “A” in pictures) was partly out and then pulled fully out. Not sure if I did that when pulling up on the tank or if that’s the leak. The second fitting (“B”) had a worm clamp. Was a pain to get off!

Now I think I’ve seen these fittings(“B”) on another post and I’m wondering if the first fitting is my problem? Does anyone know about this fitting? Thanks guys!

Attachments

· Super Moderator
26,130 Posts
Those are originally CPC fittings. “A” is fatally broken. “B” was replaced by a poor substitute.

· Super Moderator
26,130 Posts
Oh, and I sell them fir $65.00 a set and I can hook you up with other fuel system components at cost plus actual shipping.

· Super Moderator
26,130 Posts
Now that I am on my desktop, instead of my phone, I can see that the metal fitting is a correct CPC replacement and it would have come apart by pressing the release. You did not need to remove the hose clamp.
Do you understand how these fittings work? How to correctly disconnect them?
Do you have the workshop manuals...or the owners manual...for your bike?

Hood Gesture Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle door

Automotive tire Font Gas Motor vehicle Circle

· Registered
2005 Brutale 750s
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow! Thank you @EBBO and @silentservice703.

Yea I saw the little tab to remove the metal fitting but it wouldn’t come out. I was getting frustrated so I just removed the hose clamp.

But this is good news about the fittings. I figured it was the old looking plastic one that was leaking. Should not have come out that easily. I also want to know why only one was changed.

$65 is fine but I currently live in Germany so would shipping be too much? I can get them from you if it’s easier but do they have them at dealers as well?

· Super Moderator
26,130 Posts
Wow! Thank you @EBBO and @silentservice703.

Yea I saw the little tab to remove the metal fitting but it wouldn’t come out. I was getting frustrated so I just removed the hose clamp.

But this is good news about the fittings. I figured it was the old looking plastic one that was leaking. Should not have come out that easily. I also want to know why only one was changed.

$65 is fine but I currently live in Germany so would shipping be too much? I can get them from you if it’s easier but do they have them at dealers as well?
Those tabs are not for pulling. You push them and they lock in place open, then you gently pull the male fitting out of the female.
When installing, ensure the tab is pressed in and locked in place, then install the male fitting into the female fitting and you will hear the lock release and the tab will slide into position locking the male fitting into place.

As to "why" only on fitting was replaced, well, people are cheap.

You can certainly look up the fittings in Germany. I will post the specific information below. My price advantage is that I buy them in bulk, ten at a time, so that my price is low. The distributor is a half-hour from my home.

Shipping to Germany is usually less than $15.00 US.
Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Number

Reactions: EBBO and esq'z me

· Super Moderator
26,130 Posts
@american_corse - your math is a bit off. Two sets depends on your definition of a set. I consider a set to be the four pieces that you need to do the swap over on one fuel pump plate. That would be: (2 x 15.07) + (2 x 16.83) = 63.80 per set. So, if you want two sets, that is 63.80 x 2 = 127.60 plus actual shipping.

Reactions: EBBO

· Registered
2005 Brutale 750s
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@american_corse - your math is a bit off. Two sets depends on your definition of a set. I consider a set to be the four pieces that you need to do the swap over on one fuel pump plate. That would be: (2 x 15.07) + (2 x 16.83) = 63.80 per set. So, if you want two sets, that is 63.80 x 2 = 127.60 plus actual shipping.
Ah Im sorry haha no the just the one set then. Also, I called my local dealer and they told me that they use similar parts from a Ducati because they’re stronger(but still plastic). They‘re €120 for just one male and female set 😧

anyway, is it only PayPal you use? If so I need to make an account.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.