MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I visited the factory a few weeks ago and my wife took some snaps the new B4 1000. IMO some observations of the ergonomics in case anyone is interested - I'm 5'9" (stocky build). It feels more like an aggressive 2018 800. You are pushed closer to the tank and the seat feels like it locks you in a little more. Not as roomy as Gen1/Gen2 B4's. Like the B3, you feel you sitting slightly higher on the bike and less 'in' the bike. The thing that struck me the most was the lack of the cone/dash in front of you, you feel far more open and exposed...definitely BRUTALE !

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,354 Posts
Sweet As! :smoking:

·
Super Moderator
22,354 Posts
Personally, I think it is an elegant solution to a difficult problem. That is, if you want the fender to prevent spray up your backside.....

·
Registered
540 Posts
Great pics....does not look as bad as I first thought from the show pics. I guess I will have to try it for real. If its too close to a full on sports bike riding position I will be keeping my "old" B4 1090. No point in being uncomfortable on a naked bike, may as well just get an F4, I can manage 30-60 mins on one at a push LOL :)

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Great pics....does not look as bad as I first thought from the show pics. I guess I will have to try it for real. If its too close to a full on sports bike riding position I will be keeping my "old" B4 1090. No point in being uncomfortable on a naked bike, may as well just get an F4, I can manage 30-60 mins on one at a push LOL :)
I honestly think the wind is pushing you up above 30mph.
shakey ride at 180mph xD

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to a few friends in high places, I got the full factory tour. In some ways it was nice that the factory only had a handful of staff working (it was the day before the formal Xmas break) so it was less busy and you didn't feel like you were getting in way. It was a full 2.5hr experience and Marco (my guide) was extremely helpful (and had a sense of humour).

·
Registered
46 Posts
Pictures don't do it justice, when I walked by it at the long beach show I knew I had to have one. It's beautiful IMO. The craftsmanship on all the MV's shown was amazing but this bike was the one for me. The Tuono may have to go to make room for it, time will tell.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's stunning and perhaps one day I might be able to put the Serie Oro in the garage. But for now, I'm waiting to source the configuration of the RR model (we know it's intended to be priced at the RVS level).

·
Registered
14,502 Posts
?

Personally, I think it is an elegant solution to a difficult problem. That is, if you want the fender to prevent spray up your backside.....
Sorry, Chuck they don't work.....
Ask the owner of a BMW GS, neither does the double front fender
:wink2:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts