MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Is that official or is it a photoshop?

The headlight looks a bit generic though, looks like some other nakeds, CB1000R, Shiver, etc.

Not a bad thing, just a bit generic.

The frame looks lovely, a bit nicer then on the new B4's

·
Registered
192 Posts
I attended a focus group in SoCal a couple of years ago for an unnamed motorcycle manufacturer (100 to 1 it was HD). This was just before the whole industry got punched in the nose by the global economic meltdown. The manufacturer was basically trying to figure out how to appeal to the sport bike consumer (particularly MV, Buell, & Ducati buyers) w/o alienating their core cruiser consumer and vise versa. We all know how the story regarding the sale of MV and the closer of Buell turned out now, but perhaps w/o the recession things would have gone different. At the time they were trying to figure out if they could sell the brands side by side on the floor or even under the same roof or not.

Perhaps there we just missed out on MVs and generation 2 Buell superbikes on the floor at your friendly neighborhood Harley dealer.

We were shown sketches of bikes w/o branding. F3 was one of them and it looked very very close to the final bike. They also had a B3 sketch too. I assumed these were 1000cc triple cylindered replacements for the F4 & B4 and was surprised to see the 2010 bikes look so similar to the 2009 bikes when they were released. Then the official F3 photos came out and it all became clear.

Anyway, I digress, the moral of the story is it seems MV definitely has plans for a naked B3 version of the F3, I think they just didn't plan on their new fairy $$ god father Harley Davidson to suddenly start bleeding money in the billions and put them back on the chopping block once again. So, if we all buy a bunch of F3's and enough F4s & B4s I would venture an educated guess that a B3 won't be far behind, the only reason it hasn't been shown to the public yet it probably just economics.

We were also shown drawings of what was obviously a new Buell superbike (perimeter front brake, etc). Although it wasn't as beautiful as the MV drawings it was a huge improvement over the last model and looked modern and pretty good, (kinda like a ZX10 up front with a small tidy tail.)

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Why oh why does anyone even publish these stupid photochopped monstrosities.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Nice Looks Good

1 - 14 of 14 Posts