MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have the hp corse hydro tre slip-on and am thinking of adding the evolution bike headers. Do i need the mv corse ecu? Or can my dealer tune with the factory ecu?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
20,788 Posts
I suspect you will need the Corse ECU (or another tuning device)... UNLESS your dealer can crack the stock ECU...ask them.

Reactions: fchan

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I suspect you will need the Corse ECU (or another tuning device)... UNLESS your dealer can crack the stock ECU...ask them.
Ok thanks, they haven't done any yet from the sounds of it. The guy i spoke to wasn't sure if there was any tuning they could do or alternate maps available.

Ill think ill save up for the corse ecu just to keep things simple

·
Registered
582 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
ECU studio with a good map would be ideal, that is what i run on my F3 800.

Reactions: fchan

·
Administrator
20,788 Posts
Worked fine, thanks.

The site was proving a bit of an ache to navigate. Was hoping to use your link to see if I can backtrack on the bread crumb links, then find the Euro4 equivalent. Looks like they dont do it yet.

Cheers anyway

Kag
Ya know.... I'll bet the basic chassis and such on the Euro4 models are the same as prior. Something tells me the Euro3 systems will bolt on a Euro4 bike...but the distributors are hesitant to say this as regulatory entities could get pissy.

The big change from Euro2 to Euro3 exhaust was simply welding the headers to the mid-pipe/catalyzer to prevent tampering.
Making tampering (with emissions control systems) easy can bring the wrath of the regulators down on a manufacturer.

·
Registered
608 Posts
The Euro 3 manifold does NOT fit on a Euro 4 bike without mods.

You need the Euro 3 oil lines and the Euro 4 belly will not fit either.

The F3 Euro 3 header also does not fit a Brutale - oil lines and radiator mounts do not fit and are really hard to manufacture by yourself.

If you want to install an Euro 3 aftermarket manifold on an Euro 4 bike you need Euro 3 oil lines and on RR models the Euro 3 belly pan plus mounts.

And yes - the Euro 4 manifold is crap. 35 mm diameter versus 40 mm on the Euro 4. 30 % less flow area....

Here you see how it looks ;)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update: bought ecu studio and the autoblipper :) super excited to see what i can do with it

Thanks for the recommendations!

·
Registered
608 Posts
You will be happy.
Luca will help you with any problem and here in the forums you will find with Dansoarr a very experienced user .
In my case everything went fine - plug&play :smile2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts