MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else fitted an R&G radiator cover and found it almost doesn't fit with mountings out by 5mm or so.
I'm very disappointed in the quality of this guard considering the company's reputation. I got it on but feel it put a lot of pressure on the radiator itself.

It was shipped from the UK (to AU) so returning it is t an option.

Anyone else had issues?

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I seem to recall I had similar issues with mine a couple years ago? I had to file off the paint to get the top mount to fit through the hole in the guard. Not the greatest of fits.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got issues as well. But that was because MV changed the radiator design for 2014. So I should have ordered 1 for the dragster instead.
I told RG and they wouldn't help as I ordered it at my local dealer. Fair enough, trouble is I used the RG website for the partnumber and as I had fitted it already it could not be returned.
Worst thing is RG haven't changed the partnumber on their website yet.
I have always bought their products as it is usually good quality. But them unwilling to help me out has made me look for other brands.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I'm off for a 300km ride today. I'm thinking of taking the guard off when I get home and calling it a loss. Sounds like R&G aren't interested going by others experience.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok I'm home. Mine is coming off. It has introduced a buzzing I can hear at 5000-6000rpm.
Disappointed is an understatement.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i ordered mine for my dragster and its the same 5mm or so to small , not using r&g again that twice now
i had one for my old ktm 1290 that didnt fit too , there not testing these on the bikes there making them for

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Yep one of the holes is a tiny bit too small. Stick a drill through it just to open it a bit and ta da it fits perfect

Think they made it then painted it not taking into account the paint thickness

·
Registered
78 Posts
R&G rubbish

Folks,
I too have purchased a radiator guard and have found it to actually not fit as described.
The RHS radiator pin diameter is larger than the tab slot of the guard.
I think it needs to be "dremelled" to fit over the pin. The LHS side uses the socket head cap screw to attach it securely. I think this tab is large enough for the screw to go through.
The unfortunate part is once the slot is enlarged removing the powdercoating, the sharp edges will no doubt scratch the paint over the pin on the frame.
How much of the slot is enlarged will either make the tab on the guard weaker or eventually split in half.
I will let you know how it goes...
Cheers,
Steve

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just on a side note, how necessary is it to have a radiator guard?

Other option than R&G is Moto Corse, which is significantly more $$$.

I too have given up on the idea of getting the R&G Radiator guard.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just on a side note, how necessary is it to have a radiator guard?

Other option than R&G is Moto Corse, which is significantly more $$$.

I too have given up on the idea of getting the R&G Radiator guard.
If I was in the suburbs I wouldn't bother but here in rural Australia everyone has them. We get holed headlights let alone radiators. :shitfan:

·
Registered
34 Posts
If I was in the suburbs I wouldn't bother but here in rural Australia everyone has them. We get holed headlights let alone radiators. :shitfan:
I thought so too. However I might do occasional touring so it may be worthwhile.

you must also have headlight protector too I assume?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No it's out of the way of the front wheel so is only in danger from other vehicles. Rads are damaged by debris and rocks picked up by the front wheel mostly.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
After my less than satisfactory R&G radiator mounting outcome I sent them a nicely worded and constructive email.

To my surprise I got a reply in a few days asking for more info which I supplied in the hope they would be changing their design for other B3 owners.

So today I got this in the mail. They're now back in my good books :yo:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts