MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will this 800's handling in a fast 90-120 mph sweeper make me wish I would have purchased a 848 SF????? The 1098 is going to be getting a new home so please tell me NO.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I suggest you go test ride a B800 so you can answer that question yourself.

My B800 handles really well, certainly capable of running very fast through sweepers and is a very nimble bike.

jimboF4

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be ideal but not sure how warm it will be next weekend in Chicago. Twitchy is what I've heard it described as so I think I know what that means but was curious how it felt to other amateur owners and not ex racers.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I would not describe it as twichy, it is stable even at high speed, it is light with wide bars and steers with pin point accuracy. Certainly flips from side to side with ease.

First timers might think the bike is a bit of a handful, but experienced riders will love it.

jimboF4

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Depends on the road surface, as standard the forks and rear shock are set up with too little rebound damping so the extend after compression far too quickly to the point of kicking your arse out the seat over bumps and I had to wait for the thing to settle down before tipping it into the corner. The good news is this can be dialled out to a great extent. The forks could do with a greater range of rebound adjustment as mine are set at 100% rebound damping and ideally you could do with midway being the optimum setting. The rear shock isn't a bad little unit at all.

But to be honest even with the limit of the fork internals it's still a great ride and I don't think you'll be disappointed, like Jimbo said try taken one for a spin but remember it will probably be set up to stock settings and you might think its a bit like riding a Bull after you've just kicked him in the nuts, but this can be remedied with a screwdriver :)

Check out the B3 suspension settings thread to see what I've done to mine ;)

·
Registered
170 Posts
I can agree with Ackers. My rebound is also at 100% currently and I've been thinking about getting the fork internal redone but not sure. The rear shock though is quite good and I see no need for any change there.

I've ridden an 848 before and I quite loved it. But for me these two bike are very different. The 848 is a stripped down sports bike while the 800 Brutale is a true naked one. The Brutale is far more comfortable then the 848 and is infinitely more fun and easier to handle day to day. The only place I can see the 848 really beating the Brutale is at the track where times matter. Everywhere else while the Brutale might not be as fast it still manages to be more fun. And as for high speed sweepers......well

My friend behind me couldn't keep up all day :p. But as other have said, test ride it for yourself.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts