MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 B3 800 Brutale engine cuts out at 7000rpm in neutral and in gear. It is a complete engine off sensation until the the revs drop. I've been searching all over the forum but cant seem to find a thread with similar symptoms. Has anyone else experienced something similar and know what causes it and if it can be rectified?
Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
22,365 Posts
It would help to know where you are on this Big Blue Marble. Some countries restrict power.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Location is Australia and this is not a power restriction, its as though you've hit the kill switch at 7k rpm. It's very dangerous, I was nearly launched over the bars the first time I experienced it. I have had the neutral light flicker when in gear and it is being replaced soon but from all the threads relating to the gear position sensor fault, no one has mentioned the engine cutting out at 7k.

·
Super Moderator
22,365 Posts
There is an RPM limiter function listed in the manual. It apparently has a SPORT and a NORMAL mode. The actual RPM value for those settings is not listed.

There is also a speed limiter function.

What was the last thing done to the bike before this issue cropped up?

·
Registered
147 Posts

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I got a 35KW restricted F3 via software and what you're saying is what I experience myself.
Full throttle and suddenly the power stops at around 8000 rpm. I almost got launched over the bars. Enginebraking at its finest holy crap!(new underwear moment)

Like RCEE said, visit a MV dealer and let them check for the RPM limiter in the software.
As for the neutral light that MIGHT be your motorcycle telling you, you're about to hit the REV limiter. My bike has a rev limiter light so that is flickering.

*PS: when my bike is standing still in neutral, I can hit 9500 RPM. When riding It wont go over 8000 rpm.
So maybe you think you have a full power machine cause you're reving high in neutral but while riding your RPM's are lower.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fixed!
It was the gear position sensor, the updated version has been fitted and now it revs out fine with plenty of power! It's strange that no one else has experienced it though.

·
Super Moderator
22,365 Posts
Thanks for the update!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts