MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just swapped in my race ECU, that was a job! Still have the tank off and wondering if there were any picture tips on removing the air box or whatever I need to do to get at the plugs.

Thanks!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, downloaded it but it really doesn't cover the B1078 what so ever.

·
Registered
984 Posts
You must remove the air box. Then it is still very tight between the caps and the frame.

This took several hours for me. Good luck.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess I'll down load the 910 chassis manual, I down loaded the F4 1078 manual and the air box is totally different (of course).

Thank you!

·
Administrator
20,423 Posts
Piece of cake, really. Remove air box, remove bolts holding the coil retainers on either side of valve cover, (Euro3 bikes are a little different from earlier ones with the second air system in the valve cover) pull the coils up and off.

Now the fun part....find a deep plug wrench thin enough to get down in there (tool kit came with one), R&R plugs, reassemble.

Suggest you get a piece of rubber hose you can stick over the top of the plug to get it started on installation. Long magnet will lift it out of the hole once loose.

Buy Iridium plugs.....do not waste your time or money on anything else. All the Jap brand dealers can supply the correct Iridium plug for a fair price. Shop around.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Done! Kinda tricky but had some flex joints helped!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts