MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Arroyo Seco. It's near Deming. Kind of a hike for you all in PHX, but we have a ton of guys who come out from Phoenix. Friday and Saturday are open track days, and Sunday are the races. I've got no race bike at the moment (broke Ducati as usual), but I do work for the track and I write the race report for Roadracing World and stuff like that. And I need to help a guy set up his bike, and we may race on Sunday in the team race.

It's a heck of a long ride for you, and boring, but it's a fun time.

And, if you're interested, there's a really great ride up north through Silver City and back through to AZ over Mule Creek Pass. Really nice country through there. That's a huge loop to take, and it would be a stretch to do it in one day but it could be done. There's been lots of rain so it should be decently green too.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I almost did a trackday there once, but had a bike snaffu, but I have a friend who has had his R6 out there and loved it, in fact you may remember him, IIRC he came within a few seconds of the track record (for supersport) his first time out about 3 years ago.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I'd know if I knew the name.

I was a few seconds off the 600cc supersport track record too :) Kinda hard not to be on such a short lap time, but it does take some doing at that track. As opposed to, say, Firebird East...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts