MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was bored this morning so I made a short video of the assembly order of a Hub /2010 and Mitchy Hub onto an axle. The idea of the video is to try and demonstrate the simple componentry in the "stack" and the order of assembly. I also tried to show the intended left to right movement in the sprocket carrier on the stack and that there should be no rotational slack in the sprocket cush rubbers.

Please excuse my lack of dexterity at times but the exercise does demonstrate how simple this is even one handed !

I didn't fit the Mitchy O ring or grease anything as this is purely a demonstration dry assembly.

Much the same for a pre 2010 hub.

Hope it makes sense :)

http://youtu.be/_UeymL3__XA

(I've posted this here as the general principles apply across the 2009 to present rear axle/hubs whichever type of hub is fitted.)

Joe

·
Registered
639 Posts
I was bored this morning so I made a short video of the assembly order of a Hub /2010 and Mitchy Hub onto an axle. The idea of the video is to try and demonstrate the simple componentry in the "stack" and the order of assembly. I also tried to show the intended left to right movement in the sprocket carrier on the stack and that there should be no rotational slack in the sprocket cush rubbers.

Please excuse my lack of dexterity at times but the exercise does demonstrate how simple this is even one handed !

I didn't fit the Mitchy O ring or grease anything as this is purely a demonstration dry assembly.

I've posted this here as the general principles apply across the 2009 to present rear axle/hubs whichever type is fitted.

Joe
Hi Joe,

Small problem, Youtube says this video is not available on mobile devices(iPad).
I can see all your uploads except this one...

·
Registered
9,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi Joost : )

Why is nothing simple in life !

It seems that the backing track "Running back to you" is infringing copyright in Germany...I have advised that I bought the CD so try it again !

Cheers

joe

·
Registered
639 Posts
Still no luck, it says the owner of the video did not publish the video for mobile devices...

I'll give it a shot on my old desktop...

·
Registered
639 Posts
It works fine on my Macbook, great clips you have posted on youtube.
Some magical things are happening in your kitchen for sure Joe :highclap::highclap:

But, have I missed something or did you forgot the O-Ring ;-)
:stickpoke

·
Registered
9,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for persevering Joost. : )

I didnt forget the O ring ! I mentioned in my post that I wasnt fitting it as this was a demonstration only .

Thanks for watching it.

Joe

·
Registered
520 Posts

(I've posted this here as the general principles apply across the 2009 to present rear axle/hubs whichever type of hub is fitted.)

Joe
Bored?!! I thought you would have combined such a lovely day with a ride out on Warwickshire's finest roads , and a trip up in to them clouds today!!

Great video though!

·
Registered
9,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bored?!! I thought you would have combined such a lovely day with a ride out on Warwickshire's finest roads , and a trip up in to them clouds today!!

Great video though!
Yes George..You are right.It turned out very nice weather wise...It was that few minutes after my coffee kicked in when I just had to tinker with something...: )
Then it was Jota prepping time for next weeks run out to the Wild West of Ireland..
Ill slip out on the golden wheeled one today and see how she goes while the leafy lanes are nice and quiet ...

So much to do and so little time ....

Joe

·
Registered
661 Posts
Totally cool tutorial, especially if someone wants to upgrade their hub to mitchy's. hope to see some of the rest of maintenances and maybe add my own someday.

·
Registered
9,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What axle did you used in the video Joe, pre 2010 or after?

Cheers,
Laur.

Oh Lord people are still watching that !:jsm:

I actually have the MY 10 axle there Laur.

With the Mitchy hub you can use either MY 10 or 09 and previous axle.

Hope you had some nice popcorn as you watched the movies haha :popcorn:

·
Registered
255 Posts
No popcorn Joe as I'm at the office right now!:wtf:

I'm just interested in length differences between these two axle generations. I have the pre 2010 axle&hub kit on me bike and tried to put on an MY 2010 sprocket assembly. After I mounted everything and torqued the sprocket nut to the required 200Nm, I wasn't able to put the locking ring back to secure the axle nut. The axle seems to be a couple of mm too short for this sprocket carrier set up.
I wonder if the MY 2010 axle is longer then the older one or am I missing something!

·
Registered
9,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No popcorn Joe as I'm at the office right now!:wtf:

I'm just interested in length differences between these two axle generations. I have the pre 2010 axle&hub kit on me bike and tried to put on an MY 2010 sprocket assembly. After I mounted everything and torqued the sprocket nut to the required 200Nm, I wasn't able to put the locking ring back to secure the axle nut. The axle seems to be a couple of mm too short for this sprocket carrier set up.
I wonder if the MY 2010 axle is longer then the older one or am I missing something!

I don't think so but Ill measure them. I remember Adam had chain alignment issues when he fitted an MY10 sprocket carrier to a pre 09 axle..so would be worth checking that.

joe

·
Registered
9,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Great video Joe...,this is the first time I've seen it...,and it clearly illustrates what we are discussing here..,http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=149481&page=2 and on page 3.

Now if you could do this on an episode of "Come Dine with me".....you'd win the £1000!!

Ha ha..It was funny how the timing of the music and lyrics panned out but it was entirely a fluke...

Explaining the MV Sprocket carrier is a bit like trying to explain the "offside rule" to a Cheerleader ha ha

I love bikes..maybe a little too much ! :smoking:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts