MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo Peter :bash: ; when you gonna learn?

I know you guys are fine riders, but maybe some reader will leave a few extra feet in front, and avoid a STOPPIE, or worse. MV's are fast, and despite CW's recent F4 1000 comment ( that " throttle response off the bottom was lacking") it is important to LEAVE EXTRA DISTANCE IN FRONT.

From a stop, or riding behind cars, distance is needed to respond to indecision/jerky decisions by those at the wheels in front of us. Even today, I needed to do a stoppie because some girl decided at the last second, at low speed, to turn into a Gas-n-Go. I SHOULD have left more distance in front :bash: .

I know we like go fast :later: , BUT the roads are sure congested, and CAUTION is needed.

It's amazing how more "comfortable" a ride can be leaving that cushion in front.

We can always learn...AND by the way, TAM 292 certainly doesn't have a throttle response problem, nor are the brakes lacking. Shit, I can do a stoppie on a dime! I like the progressive Nissen brakes; no doubt, I would have gone over with Brembo radials.

Peter

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Good to see both you and the Tambo are ok.

I had a girl do a similar thing recently in the hills she slowed and pulled to the side and indicated for me to overtake (pretty regular thing around these parts in the hills) but being paranoid I slowed a bit as I moved out just to make sure she wasn't doing a u-turn and sure enough bang she whips around...oddly enough this was about 30kms from home and since then this particular girl has nearly cleaned me up in my car a couple of times out side my house, it looks as if she lives up the road from me :stickpoke .

I always leave about three car lengths in front of me in traffic as it gives plenty of room for those lane swapping assholes to move in and room to brake when people do stupid things. Seems like the only motorcycles people see are the one's with the blue lights on the back.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Sounds like she likes you Rockethouse. :stickpoke :grin: :stickpoke :naughty:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Reopropf said:
It's amazing how more "comfortable" a ride can be leaving that cushion in front.
I found a while ago that the same thing goes for driving. It's so much more relaxing and safe and others can change lanes to get where they're going without having to cut you off. I think 90% of road rage and accidents are caused by everyone following too closely. It'd be much more relaxing, and easier, and safer to get where you're going if everyone left more space. It'd probably be quicker too, as there would be less concertina effect in heavy traffic.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Rockethouse said:
Good to see both you and the Tambo are ok.

I had a girl do a similar thing recently in the hills she slowed and pulled to the side and indicated for me to overtake (pretty regular thing around these parts in the hills) but being paranoid I slowed a bit as I moved out just to make sure she wasn't doing a u-turn and sure enough bang she whips around...oddly enough this was about 30kms from home and since then this particular girl has nearly cleaned me up in my car a couple of times out side my house, it looks as if she lives up the road from me :stickpoke .

I always leave about three car lengths in front of me in traffic as it gives plenty of room for those lane swapping assholes to move in and room to brake when people do stupid things. Seems like the only motorcycles people see are the one's with the blue lights on the back.
Sounds too familiar to me. And you're right about cagers only seeing bikes with cops on them.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
That musta been a sight to see...adn Tamburini doing a stoppie :naughty:

Good to hear you got out all good.....that's definitly good to hear. granted you should have give more room, but that was also shit of her to last minute decide....like she needed gas, and poof appears a gas station to the side of the road...... :mad:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts