MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
yes I did get a refund for the second one
I'm awaiting a partial refund for my order now too, so that's progress on my issue. Much more satisfied, will be when it's received through the bank anyway.

They did say they were disappointed ("it was unfortunate") to see this thread and "Whenever a mould is no longer serviceable, the factory to destroy it and create a new one. In a case of an old model, either the factory or Motocomposites can decide to discontinue the part production". So not sure what that means exactly, but indicates they may not be selling the heal guards and sprocket covers anymore as they didn't fit properly. One of the heal guards was fine, the other was to far forward, but it's a business and I want to be reasonable. So the refund should be for my sprocket cover and delivery fee, which is an adequate solution to the issue and resolves it as far as I'm concerned.

Watch this space (y)

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Over time, I have bought a nose cone, seat unit, electric covers, tank covers, air tubes - none of them fit.
The nose cone is always a pig to get back on as the mirror stay nipples broke over time due to the many fitment attempts.
The seat unit was so thin the lock mech bulged through.
The electric covers had to be dremeled down about 5mm to fit.
The tank covers had to be re drilled as the holes were not in the right place.
The tubes also had to be dremeled into shape, I was actually sent 3 replacement sets and they were all as bad as each other but in different areas..

That said, a little work and it all looks great ;)

Their moulds will be made from existing panels so carbon parts are going to be bigger - if you want a perfect fit you are going to have to try and find MV original and pay silly money.

I think the best fit I had was with the seat under tray and you can't see it ! - that was from Italy via eBay but can't remember the seller. The fairing side panels from RSR were a perfect fit also.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Over time, I have bought a nose cone, seat unit, electric covers, tank covers, air tubes - none of them fit.
The nose cone is always a pig to get back on as the mirror stay nipples broke over time due to the many fitment attempts.
The seat unit was so thin the lock mech bulged through.
The electric covers had to be dremeled down about 5mm to fit.
The tank covers had to be re drilled as the holes were not in the right place.
The tubes also had to be dremeled into shape, I was actually sent 3 replacement sets and they were all as bad as each other but in different areas..

That said, a little work and it all looks great ;)

Their moulds will be made from existing panels so carbon parts are going to be bigger - if you want a perfect fit you are going to have to try and find MV original and pay silly money.

I think the best fit I had was with the seat under tray and you can't see it ! - that was from Italy via eBay but can't remember the seller. The fairing side panels from RSR were a perfect fit also.
Very useful info, many thanks! ;)

On another note, what are your plans on 31st May? (y)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'll add another +1 they suck. I got a bunch of stuff for an Aprilia and had to send it all back.
SSR also sucks. Same issues and even worse customer support. Ordered some pieces for a BMW R1100S and waited more than 30 days to install and they wouldn't take them back. Literally threw $250 in the garbage.

I've had the best experiences with BestemUSA and Ilmberger.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I get where everyone is coming from. You pay $ you want it to work. But I also give ppl a bit of leeway when looking to get it resolved. emails can not get received, etc.
I recently ordered a new barrel for one of my AR. Excellent company, Ballistic Advantage. Took about 2 weeks to ship. Meh. Yes of course they took payment right away. How on Earth do you think eCommerce works? That part cracks me up with everyone complaining about it.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
. . . Yes of course they took payment right away. How on Earth do you think eCommerce works? That part cracks me up with everyone complaining about it.
You might have missed the focus of context here. There has been no issue against the functioning of e-commerce; it has been companies' reluctance to adequately communicate with customers who report problems.

Redundant now of course, given that @312R Dan has advised of his 'partial refund'.

·
Registered
296 Posts
On "aftermarket" Carbon parts: It does not automatically follow that these parts will be "larger" becausee of the moulds being made from OEM plastic parts -- very often a manufacturer will use Vinyl-ester based mould-making materiel, and often they also skimp on this, and make the moulds from polyester, like you would for glassfibre parts. These moulds will SHRINK in size rather than be larger. They will also be incompatible with real epoxy-based carbon-fibre and are useless for "prepreg" autoclave CF layups .. They can not take the heat from the autoclave process, and will at least distort horribly if you try.. so what you end up with is "pseudo-carbon" parts, polyester based E-glass parts with only the outer layer being "real carbon fibre" I've seen lots of those, 80% of them are junk.

If you make the mould from an original part using the correct materials (usually high temperature epoxy based) the mould will produce a part with precise outside dimensions, but since CF is always thinner than the original plastic parts, you will need to compensate for this in all the mounting points by adding extra material -- There is an art to getting this right, but when you get it right, the part will be better than the original plastic. Even the best carbon fibre materials (Epoxy and fibre cloth) will require "Post-curing" at high temperature, at least to the temperature you want the finished part to be stable at. This can not be done to a polyester-based part, it will go soft and distort at even quite low temperatures.
It will certainly not stand up to the 130 deg. centigrade that properly postcured epoxy-based CF parts will..

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
You might have missed the focus of context here. There has been no issue against the functioning of e-commerce; it has been companies' reluctance to adequately communicate with customers who report problems.

Redundant now of course, given that @312R Dan has advised of his 'partial refund'.
It was actually this post that forced their response Nige. Complaint was ignored, funnily enough, they then replied quoting this post, calling it "unfortunate" and all e-mails after that were almost instant!!!. If anything E-commerce business should be able to respond quickly and efficiently. As they do when it comes to taking funds. Refund took a bit longer than usually expected, but with all this covid malarkey going on that is expected.

It got resolved in the end, but the company claimed "we are selling these parts for quite some time and this is the first time we have received a complaint about them " and "It is indeed unfortunate to see that you are making some bad advertising about our company and products, we have never let our customers down since we are in business"

Anyway, onward and upward. Hope you're enjoying the garden Nige, it's stunning weather! :D (y)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Bought a tail fairing and rear wheel hugger for my 910S from motocomposites. The tail fairing holes didn't line up properly and the cutout for the real tail light is poorly done, leaving huge gaps with the real tail light installed. I gave it up and went back to the stock plastic piece. The hugger fit alright, but I had to find my own hardware at home depot as motocomposites did not include any. My experience buying carbon parts from other vendors has been complete disaster; other parts I have purchased included a nose fairing, ignition cover, and tank side pieces. The mounting holes didn't line up and huge gaps were everywhere. I had hoped to replace all the tired looking plain black plastic parts on my 910 with some sharp looking carbon fiber but by this point I've pretty much given up. If anyone knows a vendor that actually produces stuff that fits properly let me know. I've heard ilmberger but the prices I've seen are absolutely insane, where do you all order yours from?

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Alex from GPracing. is where I have got most of my carbon. Titanium was TPOparts. Magnesium is MV Corse and you have to be lucking to find it now.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Motocomposits has always sold me a good quality product but there service is LOUSEY.. They do not make any of there products and carry very little in stock. If you call them to make sure they have item in stock then you will get products in 2 weeks. Never had to deal with them concerning a return .

21 - 34 of 34 Posts