MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The products are extremely poor, do not fit and even with modification and machining collars off the bolts, still didn't fit.

Service is AWFUL, complaint has been ignored for 5 days and no response. Disgraceful mob, my advice would be avoid at all costs! Money wasted and also been given bad news with work and can't earn for a few months due to corona virus, so this mob has made it sting even more! Not a happy customer at all! (n):mad::sick:(n)

12032020461.jpg
12032020463.jpg
12032020469.jpg

·
Registered
171 Posts
Soooo maybe they are affected by the corona virus as well? I have seen a bunch of positive reviews here. Maybe be a little patient? Yes it sucks, but with everything going on I'd be a little more understanding. Unless there is more to the story. Is this the 1st part? Has it been replaced yet? When did you contact them? Its Sunday, are you counting the weekend in those 5 days?

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
. . .Maybe be a little patient? Yes it sucks, but with everything going on I'd be a little more understanding. . .
Discounting the weekend still leaves 3 days without acknowledgement or return correspondence. Even the most feeble offering of customer service should see a customer/client contacted on the first day of complaint and an arrangement made for further discussion or resolution.

It is not a matter of placing a burden on the customer to be more understanding; it is the responsibility of a business to respect and acknowledge customers. I think we could be sure that if any of us placed an order with ANY company; it would be processed way before 3 or 5 days. Business MUST work both ways.

·
Super Moderator
22,051 Posts
Discounting the weekend still leaves 3 days without acknowledgement or return correspondence. Even the most feeble offering of customer service should see a customer/client contacted on the first day of complaint and an arrangement made for further discussion or resolution.

It is not a matter of placing a burden on the customer to be more understanding; it is the responsibility of a business to respect and acknowledge customers. I think we could be sure that if any of us placed an order with ANY company; it would be processed way before 3 or 5 days. Business MUST work both ways.
This just shows the irrational expectations of the current population. These days business is done on a "just-in-time" inventory or on an order received, now produce scheme. I can't tell you how many things I have ordered and had to wait for any acknowledgement or correspondence...

Now, with the world situation in turmoil, employees who are nonessential are told to stay home further exacerbating the supply chain and communication issues.

Patience, grasshopper.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
This just shows the irrational expectations of the current population. . . .
There is NOTHING 'irrational' in expecting correspondence to be acknowledged within 3 days.

The substance of my post addresses the OP's lack of response from the subject company. My further add-on comment about placing an order is to illustrate the disparity between the acceptance of an order versus the acceptance (or otherwise) of a complaint or adverse feedback. It is irrelevant for this purpose whether a specific item be produced immediately or by any other production method. That is not the focus of my comment: it is the immediate action taken by a company as a result of incoming communications.

·
Registered
354 Posts
This just shows the irrational expectations of the current population.
I don't think it is irrational at all. Firms are quite capable of taking my money immediately .... and an acknowledgement is to be expected in return.

I would also expect a timeframe.

Now I do accept that current circumstances may require a deviation but how hard is it to put a message onto a website to say there may be some delays?

·
Super Moderator
22,051 Posts
Perhaps I am dealing with the wrong companies.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Wow, just wow. Retail is in trouble worldwide. Small business is hurting. Many are being forced to close. Please give extended breathing room during this real time of crisis.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Soooo maybe they are affected by the corona virus as well? I have seen a bunch of positive reviews here. Maybe be a little patient? Yes it sucks, but with everything going on I'd be a little more understanding. Unless there is more to the story. Is this the 1st part? Has it been replaced yet? When did you contact them? Its Sunday, are you counting the weekend in those 5 days?
No part replaced, no resolution offered. Multiple e-mails ignored.
The point is, the parts were inferior, the corona stuff was going on and the order was taken fine, with money coming out instantly, but to reply to a complaint took 5 days to be told to wait, they would "pass it on" to the manufacturer. It's got nothing to do with the world going into meltdown over a virus. It's just poor service and a poor product, I have spoken to 3 other people in the UK who have had equally poor service and poor product from the same company, up to and as far back as 18 months.

Yes maybe Nigel and I have expectations based on the service we expect and provide when we deal with customers. A simple reply would be nice. That said, I understand peoples concerns with the worlds health at this time and I am more than happy to allow grace and patience for that, but it doesn't excuse sending out crap! I was only posting the thread to share my views and experience so people get the full story. Knowing it's not just me having issue with this company, to say it's fine from another perspective, is fine, but there is balance to be had and in this case and others I have spoken too, the company has a track record of sending out rubbish parts and providing rubbish service. Also they have sent out good parts and given good service, evidently. I'm just sharing my experience. My expectations are not unreasonable, in my opinion. So take it as that, my opinion, as worthy as you make it, take it with a pinch of salt or value it, doesn't matter to me. I'm just being honest about my experience with this company. Over and out, the grasshopper! ;)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am now in conversation with Motocomposites, and I hope to come to a solution, they are also tracing the issue back in the manufacturing process aparently, it is also apparent that my first e-mail may not have been received, so it can be taken that things are starting to improve on service, but not yet for the quality of what was received or the solution at this point. However I will exercise more patience now I've had a reply, despite remaining out of pocket. As a result of my complaint, it may mean future customers do not receive inferior parts, so not ALL bad... will see where I get to with the company and update accordingly!

·
Registered
265 Posts
With the cost of composite parts, you would assume they would be an exact fit not what you received,I would be after a refund Coronavirus or no Coronavirus FFS!

·
Registered
404 Posts
It doesn't look like you consulted the forum to find out where members have had reasonable experiences with carbon suppliers. It probably would have saved you this upsetting situation.

I've used carbonvani and aviacompositi with excellent results. There are importers in the UK and you can buy directly from them.

It is always a risk buying carbon parts from companies without a solid track record or much cheaper price points. Your fitment pictures look fantastic compared to some of the junk I've seen over the years. Nothing a few minutes with a Dremel and a some taper socket cap fasteners wouldn't resolve. Best of luck.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It doesn't look like you consulted the forum to find out where members have had reasonable experiences with carbon suppliers. It probably would have saved you this upsetting situation.

Your fitment pictures look fantastic compared to some of the junk I've seen over the years. Nothing a few minutes with a Dremel and a some taper socket cap fasteners wouldn't resolve. Best of luck.
It was from this forum that I found them actually, but you misread the pictures. Even with the collar machined off, the part doesn't fit, the bolt cannot be tightened to secure it at the bottom, so it's damaged the part and it is useless as cannot be secured. Was meant to fit the bike and simply didn't. It needed trimming to fit the cover behind the clutch cylinder, then machining off the blot collar and as I say, no spanner or socket would go over the bolt head without damaging the part further the tools simply don't fit, it's a manufacturing/design flaw, so it was absolutely useless. Besides, all that should not be required, if it is, it should be advertised as such.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Sorry if you received some bad advise. It should always fit - but - sometimes it doesn't and usually the cheaper providers don't really give a f*(k! As long a folks keep buying the sub-standard pieces they continue selling them and making money from it.

So as I said sometimes Dremel work, cutting, drilling, sizing can make it fit, a little fresh clear coat and you have it in place. Dan I have had to put spacers in places to keep from cracking or breaking the part, epoxy behind the reduced surfaces to strengthen the bolt and weak areas, etc etc.

This whole topic sucks but when the seller won't help you with a good resolution. At that point it becomes a salvage job. If they don't work it out best of luck making the carbon work for your purposes and still look presentable. No one likes swapping for carbon pieces that look worse than the original plastic. Many of us feel your pain, we've been there. Cheers mate

·
Registered
5,915 Posts
Sorry if you received some bad advise. It should always fit - but - sometimes it doesn't and usually the cheaper providers don't really give a f*(k! As long a folks keep buying the sub-standard pieces they continue selling them and making money from it.

So as I said sometimes Dremel work, cutting, drilling, sizing can make it fit, a little fresh clear coat and you have it in place. Dan I have had to put spacers in places to keep from cracking or breaking the part, epoxy behind the reduced surfaces to strengthen the bolt and weak areas, etc etc.

This whole topic sucks but when the seller won't help you with a good resolution. At that point it becomes a salvage job. If they don't work it out best of luck making the carbon work for your purposes and still look presentable. No one likes swapping for carbon pieces that look worse than the original plastic. Many of us feel your pain, we've been there. Cheers mate
Along the same subject line, if you decide to buy a carbon nose piece for a 1st gen F4 don't order it from Carbonvani. I have ordered 2 and neither fit and this is after I told them of the problem with the first one.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Wasn't advice, just a name I picked up from another post mentioning the various carbon providers and unfortunate bad luck, not helped by a company that doesn't seem too interested in a resolution for me. But we'll see.

Quick to take money, it would have taken but a moment to honer the refund requested and resolve the issue for me when made aware, but this remains an issue. God knows how long i'll have to wait to get a resolution, we'll see. The part is useless and I need to purchase new bolts to replace those I modified in the best attempt to make fit, so not happy at all, buying this has not only left me out of pocket, but cost me more on top, not to mention delivery fee's, import taxes and handling fee's and stress. The part can't be ,modified anymore than it was, without causing further damage, so we'll just have to wait and see if they can stand up to the issue and resolve it properly or keep playing silly buggers.

No amount of spacers or modifying would work on this part though mate, the bolt, even when modified, can't fit even finger tight without causing damage, let alone get a socket on it to secure it, it's just not fit for purpose, full stop!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Along the same subject line, if you decide to buy a carbon nose piece for a 1st gen F4 don't order it from Carbonvani. I have ordered 2 and neither fit and this is after I told them of the problem with the first one.
Sorry to hear of your issues, a nose cone is also one of the more expensive items! I hope you got it resolved with a refund (y)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts