MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ha! out of the other thread...now watch them post here just to annoy us!! :laughing: no just having a laugh!

Well lets do this thing!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know the guys there, not big mates at all, but I will make contact next week and see what the status is and report back.

My guess is that if it is to be...it will be up to us! :)

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Good move agusta01...even though I'm in another state the guys at Feeney's have always been very helpful with all things MV. Maybe if someone from each state contacted their local and asked them if they would get in touch with their MV owners on your behalf and would they like to be part of the (a) MV Factory Club.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello and welcome to the forum Vixen, any help that you can add will be more than appreciated.

I don't know Paul at all, met him once but that's as far as it goes.

I think it would have more impact if the initial enquiry and questions about any history re the factory club came from someone who knows Paul.

Would be delighted if your partner made first contact and put our proposition to them.

I would imagine that there has been some discussion in the past about the desire for a more formal 'club', but with new MV owners growing strongly, I suggest that its probably overdue.

Lookforward to your comments.

Graham

·
Registered
96 Posts
I think the best approach for this would be do similar to what the US guys are doing and just go ahead with or without the importers support.

Welcome to mv.net Vixen, good to see you found your way over from OSB. :cool: By the way (before admin gets here) don't forget to add your bike to the registry. :stickpoke

·
Registered
96 Posts
I was talking to my dealer on Friday and it seems the problem with forming a club is insurance and liabilities on officially organised events. We agreed that it might be better to keep this informal so that if something nasty were to happen, then it is hard to lay blame / sue someone... :flat:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi all, I just discovered the forum today and therefore this is my first post. I know a couple of guys there quite well and I think they would be keen on something like this. I'll let you know (if they fix my bike after today) if it's worth pursuing

·
Registered
180 Posts
Welcome

Hey Brisbrutale. Welcome aboard! Queensland seems to be the MV capital of OZ! You sound connected at Feeneys? would be nice to see something like this happen. Might even have a flow on effect for us southeners. Whats up with your Brutale?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I got stuck halfway back to Brisbane on Saturday. The short version is.....I flattened my battery (left the fan on too long - 3/4 minutes). Then had to push start it. Rode about 4k's then the battery light came on. Another km down the road it started to splutter then died. I pushed it to the servo and pulled the seats off. I found the 40amp fuse near the battery had blown, so replaced it with the spare. Idled the bike for 10mins, when everything seemed ok I set off up the highway. Made it about 6 k's before the light came on then the bike died about 1k later (when the battery drained again), so then spent 2 hrs on the side of the M1 waiting for a tow truck.

I have my suspicions on the problem, but will wait and see what the techs come back with. :mad:

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
I think I need to give a bit of history on the MV riders club of Australia which no longer exists.
For a start, Paul and his team were unbelievably supportive of this concept.

We had MV trackdays at Broadford, and Paul drove from QLD with his team, his transporter full of various MV's....Apart from riding our own MV's, we could sample the latest Evo 3's, SPR's and Brutales....the guy is just a fantastic energy to have for the MV brand in Australia and it's been noted on manyu occasions that we are spoilt to have such a wonderful importer..

I'm sure Paul would be keen to look at setting up the Aussie Factory Club...or at least support anyone who wants to take the task on...

Queensland based would probably make more sence...as the original was Victorian based....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sounds good, i'll pick up the subject when i'm down there this week (hopefully). P.S They kindly offerred a loan bike for me to use whilst they are operating on mine (note - they offerred, i didn't mention one at all) :loser:

·
2,156 Posts
Further to Petes post ,a little more background:

The MV Agusta Owners Group of Australia was officially launched with the Paul Feeney Group at World Superbikes Phillip Island in 2003.
It was an incorporated group with myself as first public officer and Chairman.
(It could only be formalised with the consent ofthe Importer.)

The plan was to establish a meaningful presence in Victoria then roll out the entity in the other states. Unfortunately, due to a lack of membership and interest at that time the public liability issue became very real and or damaging, particulary given the groups activities on the track.

MV s precarious position at the time also impacted not only on the Importer but potential new owners due to the lack of supply.

I should also point out how fortunate we have been to have Paul Feeney going above and beyond the call of duty regarding customer service,care and attention and more importantly, his loyalty to MV Italy particulary given the instability of the mother ship over the last few years.

I have had discussions with Paul Feeney and Patrick Lowry regarding the MV Agusta Factory Club and I have also corresponded with Stefano Gaspari in Italy and whilst there is nothing formalised for Australia it is on the "agenda"

In the meantime we continue on as MV Augusta "private" and more importantly, continue to indulge in the passion that is MV !!!

Cheers
JSM

·
Registered
32 Posts
What does everyone think about getting the ball rolling again? and where? I think QLD (cause that's where I live, plus it's close to Feeney's) then we could spread from there. THe public liability can be overcome, but will take some structure in policies etc. What does everyone think?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts