MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Have recently purchased my first mv and it needs a few things fixed/upgraded to get it to the standard that I would like to see it in. I have been looking all over the net for aftermarket parts but can only seem to finds parts in either USA or Europe! I can order genuine parts through the local Deale although I have been waiting almost a month now for a new clutch slave cylinder! Just wondering if there are any places in Australia or on the net that anyone could recommend and has used before.

Cheers,

Nick

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Welcome aboard. You will find the forum sponsors have all done business to Australia at competitive prices. Personally, I have found Startwin to be great for stock parts.
If you haven't already done so, you will find the manuals for most models are available on Donsy's website.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Welcome,
Have dealt with both design corse & evolution (forum sponsors).
Excellent service, all orders placed arrived within 5 working days.
That's quicker than I can get parts for my car from Brisvegas to Melbourne.
:smoking:

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
one word
CAG

LOOK HIM UP HERE
HE IS YR MAN

·
Vendor
5,413 Posts
Nick,welcome to the forum mate,good to see another Queensland MV owner.Forget trying to buy any genuine/aftermarket parts in Australia for your bike.The USA and the UK have any part you want with low cost shipping charges.You will get parts from England in 1 week and parts from America in 2 weeks.I use Alex at GP Racing from the USA and Al at Design Corse from the UK (both site sponsors),great people to deal with.Second hand parts you can't go past Carl (CAG) he is a legend.Good luck and if you ever are trying to source a particular part don't hesitate to ask here on the forum.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Waste of time in oz.every part i have bought has come from overseas.Quick delivery,We are not even in the race.try the site sponsors.or if you need second hand, put a wanted add in the for sale section on here.Welcome

cheers eddy

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Waste of time in oz.every part i have bought has come from overseas.Quick delivery,We are not even in the race.try the site sponsors.or if you need second hand, put a wanted add in the for sale section on here.Welcome

cheers eddy
Agrees with Eddy
its quicker and a lot cheaper to get them yourself off of any forum sponsor. over 9 yrs ive used a lot of them and all are brilliant ..but remember always ask on here first for parts coz you never no who has what stashed away

the best Aussie dealer for parts was or is Trooper lu's NSW

in our area sunstate motorcycles sunnycoast QLD for service and if needed fitting of parts you get from overseas

what model did you get and watch on here for ride outs

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nick,welcome to the forum mate,good to see another Queensland MV owner.Forget trying to buy any genuine/aftermarket parts in Australia for your bike.The USA and the UK have any part you want with low cost shipping charges.You will get parts from England in 1 week and parts from America in 2 weeks.I use Alex at GP Racing from the USA and Al at Design Corse from the UK (both site sponsors),great people to deal with.Second hand parts you can't go past Carl (CAG) he is a legend.Good luck and if you ever are trying to source a particular part don't hesitate to ask here on the forum.
Exactly what mitch said plus if you want a hub mitch is your man

·
Registered
14,574 Posts
welcome!

Nick;
Welcome to the Forum

shopping for parts;

1st the "FS/WTB" section and ask for what you want

then look in the section "Industry Review"

basically the US is the place to buy, Ebay is great BUT some won't ship internationally:wtf:
and some gouge on shipping too...

in the US, if possible, buy things outside of California, if they won't ship/are unreasonable (buying outside California saves you 9% sales tax)

have the stuff sent to me and I'll transship it for the actual postage cost

here is the Post Office shipping calculator......you have to play around to find the cheap way.....
http://ircalc.usps.com/Default.aspx?country=10143

I do this for 3 forums......its payback for the life motorcycles have given me

its not like it costs me much.....all the shipping materials are free except tape, staples and bubble pack envelopes ($0.12 ea)

here's my sticky on where things come from;
http://www.mvagustauk.net/forum/showthread.php?19-sources-and-tips/page2

:drummer:

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Nick, I still have quite a lot of bits from my 2004 Brutale, send me a message with what you need and I'll see if I still have it.

Cheers
Rich

1 - 15 of 15 Posts