MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
The seller has zero feedback on ebay!! I'd hazard a guess the high bidder is a mate of his trying to bid up some other poor unsuspecting individual. but if it is genuine someone has got far too much money to spare. Perhaps they'll buy my old Honda C50 for £3000! Lol

·
Registered
313 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
A friend was interested in this bike and asked me to contact the seller, renettweqqq, on his behalf which I did asking "Do you have a contact number to discuss some aspects about the F4 ?" The reply was:

Dear emmevi125s,

Hi there
The Buy it now is only $4000
Thanks

- renettweqqq

A guess would be that this particular auction is a scam

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
i saw it at $5000 i think only a few day ago
Yes It certainly was & it had NO RESERVE to boot - I thought something was suss.

What I think is; that the seller is new to ebay (zero feedback) - erroneously listed it without a reserve, realised that this bike to sold for $6-7K and all the associated problems associated with that.

I think we are now seeing the 'remedy' ;)

·
Registered
435 Posts
Am pretty sure that the bike is from Sydney regions.......was a repairable writeoff.........
That has to be a scam......You can buy a F4 312R for around $16,000.........
I recognise the photo.....

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
A friend was interested in this bike and asked me to contact the seller, renettweqqq, on his behalf which I did asking "Do you have a contact number to discuss some aspects about the F4 ?" The reply was:

Dear emmevi125s,

Hi there
The Buy it now is only $4000
Thanks

- renettweqqq

A guess would be that this particular auction is a scam
I missed this post - I guess we have our answer :laughing:

·
Registered
271 Posts
this is the second time round through ebay.

I cant recall the excuse why it didnt sell the first time round.... something like a bad buyer ....:violin:

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
the first time the bike had no reserve with an end auction price of $11,600 and a buy it now of $14,999. The bike was being sold by andrew034 who had 100% (63) positive feedback and provided a mobile contact phone number. winning bidder had good feedback. The final price seemed fair but good for the winner.

the new auction is by renettweqqq (0) feedback, no contact details. Who knows what the story is but it seems like a buyer beware, at least with renettweqqq

·
Registered
180 Posts
I am andrew034,

I legitimately sold my MV 1000R on ebay as indicated, it took a couple of tries before a real offer was made. Somebody saw my advert and figured there was money to be made and copied my advert re-listing my bike as their own. I was alerted to this when an original bidder from my auction asked me if I had re-listed.

I contacted ebay and reported the miss-use of my advert and I believe it has been pulled, however just to make sure a kindly person decided to make an offer that no sane person would choose to outbid

Andrew...

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Nice one Andrew.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts