MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Great find Dino - ;) - Nothing ever gets past you.

I got an email from Russ saying the bike looks cool on the front cover of RCBE - they took those photos when they did the America shoot some - 7 - 8 months ago & I completely forgot about it :eek: :laughing:

At least I saw it here before going to the news stand - Happy with the article, it is about 95% correct which is pretty good:)

Thanks guys :)

·
Super Moderator
22,087 Posts
"and some other pics taken when Ago met Rob and his tribute Ipotesi"

Love the sequencing!

As it should be. Hi Rob!:wave:

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
"and some other pics taken when Ago met Rob and his tribute Ipotesi"

Love the sequencing!

As it should be. Hi Rob!
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Love it - Thanks Russ but I fear such blasphemy might send me straight to HELL (on a Repsol Honda).

Speaking of people that absolutely NOTHING gets past :laughing: - Hi Chucky (and of course HI to the lovely Cindy) :wave:

Ps. Taking a road trip later this week (for Easter weekend) , all things going according to plan I should be able to post a pretty cool pic. ;)

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Farkkkk this is too funny I'm away on holiday at the beach in Lorne and they have two motorcycle magazines. One rapid and the other as said above ..... Robbie great article so happy for u man I took a photo of it and was going to ask u why don't u tell everyone but Dino beat me too it. Bike looks great .

·
Registered
174 Posts
Racing MVs in the good ol' days

All I can say is...complimenti, Rob. Your creation is truly stunning, worth every year of sweat and toil you put into it.

The article mentions you seeing Agostini racing his MV at the Australian Grand Prix, what a life-changing experience it was. If it's something you wouldn't mind sharing, would be wonderful to hear some details of your experience. I had no idea MVs ever even raced in Australia.

Personally, I would love to hear about any member's first hand experiences with MVs in their golden era; racing, factory visits, etc...:highclap:

Peter

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Farkkkk this is too funny I'm away on holiday at the beach in Lorne and they have two motorcycle magazines. One rapid and the other as said above ..... Robbie great article so happy for u man I took a photo of it and was going to ask u why don't u tell everyone but Dino beat me too it. Bike looks great .
Yep Dino knew before ME :laughing:

Hope you are enjoying your holiday man :yo: We are headed down to Albury on Thursday catch up with our very dear friends taking a couple of bikes down so yeah should be good :)

Hey Robbie ...... Come up here some day (soon) & you can ride that bike (and any other one you want to) :drummer:

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
All I can say is...complimenti, Rob. Your creation is truly stunning, worth every year of sweat and toil you put into it.

The article mentions you seeing Agostini racing his MV at the Australian Grand Prix, what a life-changing experience it was. If it's something you wouldn't mind sharing, would be wonderful to hear some details of your experience. I had no idea MVs ever even raced in Australia.

Personally, I would love to hear about any member's first hand experiences with MVs in their golden era; racing, factory visits, etc...:highclap:

Peter

Grazie Peter, sei molto gentile :)

I did my own story on the bike on the forum here - click here if you'd like to see it.

Ago wasn't racing in a GP (when I saw him) as Australia wasn't on the GP calendar,in all honesty I recall nothing other seeing him but the indelible impression he & red/silver machine & its sound left on my mind & heart remains as strong to this day.

The seasons were shorter in those days which allowed for promotional visits /races around the world. I met a guy very recently who remembers everything about that day ( he is in his 70's) & even has the original programme (which I would love to see) and he tells me that Mr Agostini certainly didn't ride like he was holiday or anything, he said he remembers him sliding the MV (unheard of in those days) out of a corner as he went past a guy which left everyone shaking their heads - whilst the races didn't have world championship points attached to them, that seemed to matter little to true champion & born racer!

Oh & for my MV factory visit is click here I hope I have helped with your curiosity :)

Ciao ciao
Rob

·
Registered
174 Posts
So from that chance childhood encounter, the essence and beauty of mvs was forever instilled in you... Incredible stuff, Rob. .. thought I knew a lot about these bikes and their racing history, but I see I have so much to learn - which is great...

Spent the last hour or so reading through those threads... Thanks for passing all that along...it's fascinating.. and all I can say is that you really do things in style:)

Last year, I spent a fantastic afternoon at MV Gallarate museum, too. Just being allowed by activate the clutch lever on one of the GPs bike was enough to leave me grinning like an idiot for a week - this was the same model that you managed to actually sit on...:mouthwate

Also planning on driving up to do the factory tour sometime this spring...:yo:

Grazie mille, Peter

1 - 11 of 11 Posts