MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been waiting 4 weeks now to get pricing for damaged parts from when stupid woman reversed into my bike knocking it over. I've got part numbers but trying to get a response from importers is ridiculous, can't finalise quote to get repairs done without pricing! This is turning a very bad experience even worse.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Wouldn't it be better to get pricing from a dealer ? Okay I know the answer to that one too, but I would imagine the importers would forward your enquiry to the nearest distributor/dealer.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
MV
use design corse in the uk strong dollar makes it cheeper by over 40% and the delivery time is the same
i needed a disc rota 5 weeks from aus importer 3 frok DC uk 1/3 of the price new seat unavail in oz got it from uk
all in all spent $700 in the uk or could have spent $1600 for the same gear in oz

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wouldn't it be better to get pricing from a dealer ? Okay I know the answer to that one too, but I would imagine the importers would forward your enquiry to the nearest distributor/dealer.
Donsy, my dealer has been trying to get prices for nearly 5 weeks, keeps getting told there upgrading there system and it won't be long. WTF.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MV
use design corse in the uk strong dollar makes it cheeper by over 40% and the delivery time is the same
i needed a disc rota 5 weeks from aus importer 3 frok DC uk 1/3 of the price new seat unavail in oz got it from uk
all in all spent $700 in the uk or could have spent $1600 for the same gear in oz
Col, I will suggest to dealer if this is an option we can utilize when I speak to dealer later today. They are trying there best to finalise quote, but AUS importer is holding all the pricing.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
mv do it your self only takes an email

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers Col I will, frustrating thing is I shouldn't have to be looking for prices myself dealers should have this info at there disposal so insurance quotes don't get held up. Insurance company can't start rectifying bike without first sighting quote and bike

·
Registered
614 Posts
Peter Stevens have been unable to get me the price for the inner clutch hub. They are still trying to get it from the importer.

In the mean time I email star twin (forum sponsor) regarding some missing prices on their site, and the response 'thanks for letting me know, i've updated the site with all the parts you listed'.

I have now ordered the parts from Star twin, rather than wait (seeing as I won't be covered by warranty anyway).

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Mark
i understand but you have the bike .. they have your money
you have to jump up n down scream shout
or do it your self then you know its done and dusted

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
call Peter Stevens in Melbourne (03) 9602-5833 - ask for MV parts.
Peter Stevens are who my dealer in WA has to go through to get to mvimports, apparently they are " in bed" together though it's not helpful, we can only contact importer via email which is pathetic

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Peter Stevens are who my dealer in WA has to go through to get to mvimports, apparently they are " in bed" together though it's not helpful, we can only contact importer via email which is pathetic
well ask them to get out of bed stop porking each other and complete your job

·
Registered
143 Posts
Mate if the dealer is Rick Gill, tell ur insurance company you want to take your bike somewhere else... they are useless, will never go there again...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mate if the dealer is Rick Gill, tell ur insurance company you want to take your bike somewhere else... they are useless, will never go there again...
I've got no problem with Rick Gills, there staff are doing all they can, it's the importer holding up my claim process. Have been told representative from importers is coming to WA tomorrow to implement the set up of new parts/pricing software which should help everyone, find out Thursday.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts