MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I was at the Honduh dealer today while my GFs dad wanted to trade in his Superhawk in for a VTX1300. Saw they had a couple mags and long story short, since they wasted our time, I swiped thier copy :laughing: I didn't see these anywhere else, so i thought I'de post it...apologies if it's already been posted.

Here's the scans...err, pics via my camera...a couple are slightly blurry cause when in magnifying glass mode (you can get ULTRA close without it being blurry) you have to have an uber steady hand...sometimes, mine wasn't so uber steady :laughing: But it's all the ones pertaining to MVs...

my opinions....the MV is KILLING it. It shows how differently you need to ride the bike for it to be at it's potential....i.e. FASTER, LESS BRAKING and it does perfectly fine. Despite it's heavier weight, and power deficeit, it STILL beat out the GSXR, as well as everything else.... And if the other guys knew how to ride ( :nutkick: ), it woulda beat the ZX10. I'm fairly satisified with it's review/comparo.

The Brutale 910 review was pretty good too.

*EDIT* I dunno why, but it's not showing up in order....they were uploaded in order, and are numbered in order...makes for hard reading....sorry, not under my control! If you want, right click and view the image properties to see the image number/url.....then open them all up and read them in order.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
If you want to zip the full sized and submit them through media submission I can place them in the gallery in order with the rest of the articles :) just a suggestion.

Thanks for the post :) :drummer:

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
i hate to be a dick on this, but it's somewhat personal.

you guys are violating copyrights. the reason it's personal, one of their editors is a friend. christ, blake WROTE the review on the 910! if you guys want to know more, i can ask him.

i know there are people in the international community that can't get Cycle World, or it's very hard to get. but for you US based readers, is it really that much to shell out $5 for a magazine?

alex

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I normally do buy the mag...but I was just sharing the articles. Also, the asshats at Honda wasted my time (3 hours worth) of telling us we have this motorcycle, we have this motorcycle, then when it comes time to sign the papers, telling us we need $3500 down...wtf? If he wanted to shell out $3500 down, he woulda just paid off the bike! So I took thier magazine...I figured I didn't have to buy it this month :laughing: That, and I got off work 3 hours early...so they cost me money...bastards...

As far as the magazine itself is concerned, I'm sure the people here will go out and buy the magazine anyways, just for the sake of buying it, as it's a good article, and has lots of MV coverage. I really don't think this will at all put a hamper on things. If anything, it helped out, as alot of us here don't even read that mag. I know I usually don't, as I buy Euro mags 99% of the time. I only buy the US mags when there's something worth reading....most of the time, there isn't. But when there is an article, I buy it...even if it's just for one article....

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
nate, i wasn't busting on you for swiping the magazine. that shop already paid for it, so Cycle World got their piece.

i just had to post my $0.02 on this issue. next time i see blake i would have felt like crap if i hadn't. it would be like watching some theives unload your neighbor's house (whom you like) and not doing anything about it.

and don't forget the power of this web site. someone already flipped out when the did a google search and came up with their own "personal" info on this forum. oddly, they were the ones that posted it.

gotta love the internet.

peace out.
alex

·
Registered
431 Posts
I thought he swiped a Motorcyclist, not a Cycle World. But, FWIW coming from a somewhat disgruntled former staffer of the former, I don't think posting the scans is cool. If it had been one of my stories I'd be a little bothered to see it here.

Oh, and Primedia is exactly the kind of corporation with a full time staff of underutilized attorneys just looking to go chasing after this sort of thing.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Actually, you may want to check out:

http://mvagustausa.com/web-mvagusta/media.html

MV Agusta USA posts many articles of MVs online- with better scan quality :blah:

I'm not out to cause harm to anyone. If people want them removed, I will remove them without a problem. They are out there for many international readers who do not get the coverage. As for me, for the good MV articles, I will go out and purchase them to place in my stash

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Honestly, considering, I posted mainly for the international members. I say considering, because this isn't really the crowd of people who skimp on a magazine. Like, I was looking at it more of an awareness scan showing there's MV coverage, rather than a "ha-ha-ha, nobody has to buy your otherwise crappy magazine now!" :laughing: But like admin says, most will buy the magazine for thier own stash, and this helps out our european members...but it's cool you said something, totally understandable.

But I understand

1 - 12 of 12 Posts