MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time goes by so quickly and we are running out of time to get an MV before the Phillip Island MotoGP.

We are looking to get a Brutale from QLD. We will fly up, and pillion on the way home for the 1,000km journey.

I'm after a 750 and the below has been listed for a while. I'm thinking of calling the owner on the weekend but was wondering if anyone knew anything about this particular bike.

Any tips for buying interstate? Any Qld's know of a decent mechanic who can do a pre-purchase inspection?

http://www.bikesales.com.au/all-bikes/private/details.aspx?R=3198202&__sid=129B1DD8C5B7&__Qpb=true&Cr=0&__Ns=p_PriceSort_Decimal|0||p_Make_String|0||p_Model_String|0&keywords=&__N=1432 604 1430 1429 1428 4294967237&seot=1&__Nne=15&trecs=62&silo=1400

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Time goes by so quickly and we are running out of time to get an MV before the Phillip Island MotoGP.

We are looking to get a Brutale from QLD. We will fly up, and pillion on the way home for the 1,000km journey.

I'm after a 750 and the below has been listed for a while. I'm thinking of calling the owner on the weekend but was wondering if anyone knew anything about this particular bike.

Any tips for buying interstate? Any Qld's know of a decent mechanic who can do a pre-purchase inspection?

http://www.bikesales.com.au/all-bikes/private/details.aspx?R=3198202&__sid=129B1DD8C5B7&__Qpb=true&Cr=0&__Ns=p_PriceSort_Decimal|0||p_Make_String|0||p_Model_String|0&keywords=&__N=1432 604 1430 1429 1428 4294967237&seot=1&__Nne=15&trecs=62&silo=1400
Can't help you with your inspection, but buying interstate really is a piece of piss.

Get him to fill out the paperwork....make sure they put a small amount on the transfer documents to save you stanp duty here.

Ride it back to Sydney.

Fill out the transfer ergo paperwork here.

Get a green slip, and a blue slip inspection.

Walk into the RTA and hand the plates and re-register the bike.

They will issue you plates on the spot, fit them and ride home...

Voilà

P.s. Hope looked much better in the flesh than she does in your current family photo?

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Oh, one other thing....avoid the flat top, and come back via the oxley, thunderbolts and bucketts. I turned off just passed ballina too and headed inland. Not sure if Hope has been a pillion on a brute before...but it will hurt. My wife is super fit and super flexible (top top marathon runner), and she lasts about 90 mins on the back at the moment..she LOVES it, but needs a break regularly. Having ridden around the world, I can say those roads are some of the best in the world!

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Luke.

Might fly up next weekend. I really want to ride up myself so we can both ride back but thats not really worth it. We'd be swapping on the pillion position, not looking forward to that.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I had a mate who was selling a Brute 750S in Seaforth. Do you want me to check whether it's still for sale?

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had a mate who was selling a Brute 750S in Seaforth. Do you want me to check whether it's still for sale?
Yeah if you could that'd be great.

I have the cash ready to buy so if it's reasonably priced i'll pick it up this week.

Actually this bloke wouldn't have happened to own the black/red and have around 25,000kms on it by any chance?

He had it listed for a while but took it down so i figured it got sold?

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Better be quick Groper, for 8500$ thinking of picking it up myself...

·
Registered
121 Posts
You could always buy my old 910r, it's on eBay right now for $9,990.
Now, it is unregistered & does need a little tlc to get it registered, but I can vouch for the engine etc.
Some food for thought........

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Yeah if you could that'd be great.

I have the cash ready to buy so if it's reasonably priced i'll pick it up this week.

Actually this bloke wouldn't have happened to own the black/red and have around 25,000kms on it by any chance?

He had it listed for a while but took it down so i figured it got sold?
I sent him a mail. Waiting for reply.
His was a red one, around 22k on it I tink.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
It has been sold.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You could always buy my old 910r, it's on eBay right now for $9,990.
Now, it is unregistered & does need a little tlc to get it registered, but I can vouch for the engine etc.
Some food for thought........

Can't be registered mate. Auction sold it after 1st August which is when the new legislation was effective from. Your old bike can only be for track use.

Thanks Mick for checking, the bloke from Canberra must have bought it a while back. I'm speaking to this Qld guy tomorrow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts