MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that you had polished your exhaust and it looked great, this is a project I would like to undertake, but don't really have a clue where to start. It would be appreciated if you or someone who knows how, do a short write up or something outlining the steps involved. Thanks in advance guys! :guitarist

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
outtadaloop... yes the simple answer is metal polish and if you need to a very fine 'wet and dry' paper to remove the stains where the welds butt up, I did mine and the result of an afternoons rubbing was a huge improvment....yes and if you don't have a hugger, get one as it keeps the crap of the exhausts, and reduces the re polishing time

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I use a little dremel for awkward corners. :)

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
outtadaloop said:
I noticed that you had polished your exhaust and it looked great, this is a project I would like to undertake, but don't really have a clue where to start. It would be appreciated if you or someone who knows how, do a short write up or something outlining the steps involved. Thanks in advance guys! :guitarist
Hey, John

It will be quite a bit of work. Start with 600 grid automotive sand wet/dry sandpaper and work it over. Follow with 800 grid then 1000 grid. From here you have a pretty decent polished finish. Now decide whether you would like a finer finish or not, if you do, hit it with 1200 grid then aluminum polisher with a buffer. Voila, mirror finish. :naughty:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts