MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got it!!

Unfortuantely I can't really go anywhere just yet as DVLA (licensing dept) haven't transfered my plate from my old one onto the new one, and even though the plate is registered to me god knows what would happen if "the worst scenario" was to occur.

Initial comparrisons are much smoother, the motor even sounds different :jsm: runs hotter,better brakes, and a few odd elec things, like although the lights are on all the time, the headlight doesn';t come on untill the motor is running, clever eh! but big :) and its gonna be :devilsmok :later:

I now have a mountain of bits to re-fit to this one

Attachments

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Awesome, Mike.
Congrats!!!! :smoking:

Now take her for a serious ride and let us know more about it :naughty:

·
Registered
459 Posts
I now have a mountain of bits to re-fit to this one[/QUOTE]

You wouldn't believe me if I said, My heart bleeds for you.
Nice one Mike you know how to hurt people, :banghead:

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GRand said:
Beautiful -- let us know about the "bits" to be fitted, eh?
Thanks for the well wishes, bits to be fitted? Don't forget this is my third F4, 750 in 2000, 1000S 04, now the 1000R and everything is transferable!

Maxton rear shock-I'll try std first, and if it's similar to the 1000S I will fit the rear and get the front valved to match over the winter, my last S was unreal with the Maxton set up.
Performance.de bars, cat by-pass, RG3,BMC air filter, PC (if it works with the "R"?)
MVSP carbon,fender, (fender wing, rad cover (shift tech)) eyebrows, airtubes, elec covers, rear hugger, chainguards, plate carrier, key guard,
I'll leave all the bits till after the first service, i'm sure I've forgotten something :confused:

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
acruhl said:
Sweet Mike. Don't get run into!
Hopefully not, that "tit" doesn't come out with us anymore, he's just swapped his GSXR (new one after the crash) for a Trike......................

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
odonata said:
wow, congrats, you must be very excited. :drummer: :guitarist :drummer: :yo:
Yeah! you know the feeling well I imagine from the other week :)

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
mikef4uk said:
Thanks for the well wishes, bits to be fitted? Don't forget this is my third F4, 750 in 2000, 1000S 04, now the 1000R and everything is transferable!

Maxton rear shock-I'll try std first, and if it's similar to the 1000S I will fit the rear and get the front valved to match over the winter, my last S was unreal with the Maxton set up.
Performance.de bars, cat by-pass, RG3,BMC air filter, PC (if it works with the "R"?)
MVSP carbon,fender, (fender wing, rad cover (shift tech)) eyebrows, airtubes, elec covers, rear hugger, chainguards, plate carrier, key guard,
I'll leave all the bits till after the first service, i'm sure I've forgotten something :confused:
another great reason to own MV...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Congratulations Mike.
You also have some of the best biking roads in britain close to hand to make the most of the "R"s capabilities.
John

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Everybody seems to be getting a new bike (except me :bawling: ) It will be great to hear your views having had the S before Mike. You mentioned the lights being on all the time, did your old bike not do that? Both my current 1000S and my Evo III 750 had just a dip/main beam light switch, there was no option to switch them on or off once the ignition was on. :blah:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
john said:
Everybody seems to be getting a new bike (except me :bawling: ) It will be great to hear your views having had the S before Mike. You mentioned the lights being on all the time, did your old bike not do that? Both my current 1000S and my Evo III 750 had just a dip/main beam light switch, there was no option to switch them on or off once the ignition was on. :blah:
You need a new bike? Look at mine!

I don't really want one though, unless this *&^%^&* 996 blows up again and leaves me at the side of the track. In that case, it gets traded probably for either a 675 or an '06 GSX-R 750. Or maybe... SS1000DS? Heh.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
john said:
I must have explained that badly, the lights are on all the time, but, unlike the 1000S, only the parking lights come on when you turn the ignition on, the main headlamp only comes on once the engine is running :jsm: just a battery saving idea I suppose, but still, it was one of my gripes with my 1000S.,

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I see now Mike, sorry it's probably me not reading corectly what you said. Great bike BTW not jealous at all (Really....Really, really) :bawling: :bawling:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts