MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Aston Martin Centenary Year

The Company named after an English Hill Climb event and one of the founders...

COMPANY HISTORY 1913 - 1920

AN ICON IS BORN
A RICH AND PRESTIGIOUS HERITAGE DEFINES ASTON MARTIN AS SOMETHING TRULY UNIQUE WITHIN AUTOMOTIVE HISTORY.

FOUNDED IN 1913 BY ROBERT BAMFORD AND LIONEL MARTIN AS 'BAMFORD & MARTIN LTD', THE COMPANY HAS DEVELOPED INTO AN ICONIC BRAND SYNONYMOUS WITH LUXURY AND ELEGANCE. 1914 SAW THE BIRTH OF THE NAME ‘ASTON MARTIN’ FOLLOWING ONE OF LIONEL MARTIN'S SUCCESSFUL RUNS AT THE ASTON HILL CLIMB IN BUCKINGHAMSHIRE, ENGLAND. WITHIN A YEAR THE FIRST ASTON MARTIN HAD BEEN BUILT AND REGISTERED WITH THE NAME AND BY 1920 THE BUSINESS HAD RELOCATED TO KENSINGTON.

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
A friend of mine and I ran into a Austin martin rep on Palomar mountain. He was a good guy. He and a friend were taking pictures of the cars on the mountain. They were kind enough to give my buddy a ride in one. My buddy is in the market to get one.

·
Registered
9,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The factory is only half an hour from me. I reckon I'll take the F4 down there for a photoshoot in the spring : )

·
Registered
837 Posts
My all-time favourite car, the one that would take pride of place in my fantasy garage is an AM V8 Vantage . A friend of a friend had a normal AM V8, and the licence plate V8 ...... Rumoured to have cost almost as much as the car and that was the best part of 30 years ago now ........

1 - 10 of 10 Posts