MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Crap!!! Very disappointing!!! Hayden should've accepted defeat rather than win that way. No one could make that pass... the outside on that very tight chicane? If Edwards would've held, Hayden would've chunked it. But Edwards is the type of rider that would take the fall himself before knocking someone else down.

Anyway, great race!!!!

·
Registered
604 Posts
It was a good race. Also, I think it was Edwards race to lose. He rode his ass off 'til the last 7 or 8 seconds.

·
Registered
351 Posts
MotoGP is very good this year. I saw the last turn pass only twice. It looked to me that Edwards over cooked the turn and could'nt hold the line and pushed Haydoen wide. But I would like to see it in slow motion.

I would also like to here what Edwards says about it. Good racing though.

I dont think Rossi will be able to pull it out this year.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Edwards/Hayden both did well and fought to the end. It was amazing to see Edwards miss a turn and come back to Haydens rear very quickly.

They were both running a bit too hot into the last turn. Hayden especially ran wide trying to pass Edwards at the last minute, and Edwards was running too fast to complete the turn. Both ran off but only one stayed up. Heartbreaking defeat but a defeat nonetheless. What a great fight to the end

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Here is what they said:

Valentino Rossi (8th; +23.591)
"That was a really hard race for me but Doctor Costa, Marco Montanari and the entire Clinica Mobile team did a great job on my hand and I was able to race until the end. I was in some pain, especially at the start and I wasn't able to ride at 100% of my ability, but it was okay. At the start I was worried how it would go, but when the adrenalin kicked in I started to feel like I could race and by the time we got to the midway point I was feeling much better and having some fun. I lost strength in my hand over the last three laps but I was able to hang on and we picked up some decent points in eighth place. The team have done a great job this weekend in difficult conditions. I wasn't able to do many laps in practice so they didn't have much data but the bike and the tyres felt great so I have to say a big thanks to everybody. I feel very sorry for Colin - he rode a great race and he was unlucky to make the mistake at the end because he deserved to win."

Colin Edwards (13th; +40.412)
"What can I say? Obviously I'm really disappointed because I know I should have won that race. The bike felt great from the start and I was really enjoying riding it out there. I knew my pace in practice would be hard for the other guys to cope with and that's how it proved to be. I got the start I wanted and just kept my head down, doing those times. When Nicky came up inside me two laps from the end he left the pass pretty late and there was nowhere for me to turn the bike into. I had to go straight and luckily it was at a point of the track where I could run back on again. I was determined not to lose hold of him and just gave it everything to give myself a chance on the last lap. I got past him and then tried to keep a really defensive line out of the final corner - I had no idea Nicky had run onto the gravel otherwise I wouldn't have needed to do it. Unfortunately I ran it a bit too tight onto the grass and the rear just spun up as I opened the throttle and it threw me off. I'm gutted but fair play to Nicky, it was a great race."

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't get me wrong, it was an awesome race.... prolly the best of the year! But Hayden(in too hot) was not gonna make an outside pass entering the chicane anyway!

I'm a little biased, I'm a huge Colin Edwards fan. I love to see Honda lose to Edwards and Rossi!

Great race... it'll be short live for Hayden though! Donington is Rossi's favorite and one of Edwards favorite!

Rossi will still win the championship! 225 points left up for grabs! Rossifumi!

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
I'm sure Colin is really hurt. Shows he is quite the good character to keep his head up and say it was a great race, and fair play to Nicky.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, Im a member... but I don't open 'em till after I'm able to watch the race! My friends and I have made it a Sunday ritual to BBQ and all watch the MotoGP races here at my pad! It's like the SuperBowl... not exactly, but it's still fun cause none of us know the race results going in.

·
Registered
379 Posts
IMO,- Colin Edwards just found the handle. Assen was the best thing that could have happened to him. He finally rode the wheels off an inferior motorcycle as Valentino has done for the past few years.

The Texas Tornado finally has re-discovered himself.... Praise the Lawd!!

I think he has been intimidated and head-tripped since he made the step up to MotoGP.

He lost the handle.... but I believe he just got it back.... ! Top Man!!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I agree about Colin findly steppin' up and riding to the level we know he can. Through his career, he's always been the guy who's ultra-smooth but won't push too hard for fear of injury(injury of others as well), but now, I hope this has lit a fire and hopefully we'll see the Colin that battled Bayliss those awesome WSBK days!

But khfx, the Yamaha is NOT an inferior machine! The last time this was the case was when Rossi rode for Honda! Do you think Rossi would of accepted Yamaha's offer if he thought the bike couldn't be improved? Rossi has been devoloping that bike since his first Sepang test a couple years ago.

There's nothing like MotoGP!! Go Colin!!!

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I live in TX, not a Honda fan and have read Rossi's auto. I think I have some people I don't like but generally a fan of the sport.

I didn't see anything in those last two laps that wasn't just good hard racing. Repeating and frame by frame, slow mo, repeating again and it was clear Colin would have hit the same place whether Nicky was exactly where he was positioned or not. Colin's line was just too defensive for too long.

Great race but shame about a lack of at least a podium for Colin.

I read that if Rossi wins every race and Nicky is second every race then Nicky wins by 1 point. Interesting statistic considering the +5pt advantage given Rossi each of those. Obviously unrealistic but interesting all the same.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
It was time for Colin to pull the thumb out. He either had to beat Nicky or crash. Otherwise Rossi loses another position.

At least we didn't have to watch the dork's podium antics with his tongue out giving the crowd the shocker. :shocker: :loser:

I love Colin and wish he'd keep the thumb out and kick some ass. :stickpoke

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
from my seat, colin blew it.

the last lap, he made the move, stuck the pass and nicky tried to get him back, and ran wide, which inexplicably cause colin to go wide too.

colin then went for the throttle while his bike was on the fairway! that caused the rear to come out from under him, and he was done. if he had just stayed off the gas, he could have made it to the pavement and then crossed the line 1st.

now, the pass that nicky put on colin two laps earlier - THAT was a crappy move. he flat out pushed colin wide...

alex

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
wow! watching bikes is watching physics at work. notice the bikes desire to go straight and upright no matter what is forcing against it?

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Yes altoon, I agree, Hayden's first pass wasn't quick enough....delayed almost! Not the cleanest but.... whatchu gonna do? Great race!!!! Go Colin!!

9 races left = 225 points for -1st place
180 points for -2nd place

Hey, what's up with that A-STYLE logo????

It looks like 2 stick figures bumpin' uglies, doggie-style.....lol!!!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts