MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
MV Agusta F4 1000S, Ducati 998 SBK
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

Few days ago I received mitch's upgrade version of the rear hub (for a 2006 F4 1000S)

Now I just twist my mind to think how I could proceed to place the bike in order to be well balanced to prevent any catastrophic failure or just drop the bike down on one side or the order...

I thought to place 2 "a height stabilizer" (one on each side of the bike) under the footpegs supports. However, I still think I could brake the footpegs support...

I am asking to you if my the footpeg supports placed on height stabilzers can handle the weight of the bike + being enough stable to interact on the motorcycle swingarm ?

Or should I remove the exhaust silencers, fuel tank, fairings to reduce the weight on footpeg supports ?

Picture no 1 : where I want to place height stab
Picture no 2 : my idea of height stab (can't find any translation)

Thank you in advance ✌

Attachments

· Registered
MV Agusta F4 1000S, Ducati 998 SBK
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Costs 70,-€,
Gives you total freedom for the rear end
Thank you for you suggestion, I would like avoiding spending money again. But I didn't know that kind of stand could exist.

Or you could do what others have done, and flip the foot pegs over so they fold down instead of up
All the weight on it won't cause any damage ?

· Premium Member
3,983 Posts
Do you have rafters above for added support? Ratchet straps are good security. Many riders use those stands against fixed or turned around pegs. Just keep the contact point close to your frame. Personally I’ve made a wooden structure which does the same along with straps for added security.

· Old Wing Nut
25,589 Posts
We call what you pictured "Jack Stands". Designed to safely support an automobile after raising the wheels using a hydraulic jack. Also useful for bikes and other things.

PitBull makes "Jack Stands" for race bikes that utilize the foot pegs. They are very popular and work well.
I see bikes supported on them in the paddock all the time.
Basically the same thing as what you have, just prettier and bike specific. Your footrests will support the bike.
Suggest you have the front wheel in a chock at the same time.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Wood Motor vehicle Gas Flooring Musical instrument

Reactions: Moonbeam

· Vendor
5,938 Posts
Thank you for you suggestion, I would like avoiding spending money again. But I didn't know that kind of stand could exist.

All the weight on it won't cause any damage ?
For this time I would do what revhead ( Jon ) has suggested by swapping over the footpegs and place the stands under them, placing a rag over the pegs so you don't scratch them.
They will carry the weight no problem.
Loosen the 2 rear nuts before you lift the bike.
In the future I would consider purchasing a Bursig or similar stand for working on the bike.

· Registered
23 Posts
I use the same kind as @Manfred , but from the ABBA Stand brand.

It's versatile because you can add accessories to also lift all the front for example (to work on fork legs, head bearings, ...) . And, probably like Constand, you have many kits to adapt it for a wide range of different motorcycles models, and it's easy to mount/unmount/store.
Motorcycle Equipment - Abba Stands, UK
I absolutely don't want to incite to spend but once you have one you'll keep it long.

Bon courage !

· Registered
58 Posts
i use one of these with tie downs attached to the chock and bars, then put a car jack under the swingarm to raise the wheel off the ground
pretty safe, but may require a small outlay
the wheel chocks come in very handy and can be picked up pretty cheap - at least here in oz
Rectangle Wood Font Auto part Automotive exterior

· Registered
5,802 Posts
I use a Abba stand, but you can probably use a front wheel chock, or however that is called, and a carjack under the exhaust.

Reactions: Moonbeam
1 - 18 of 18 Posts