MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told by a unamed person with one of the bike factories,that asian bikes are built for average Americans in (height),and italian bikes are built for Euros who are shorter. I wonder the truth in this but if you read different motoycle mags.taller testers usually find fault in comfort.Maybe there not adjusting the pegs ect... I am not saying this is true,i dont even know if americans are taller I know i am not. tom

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
What euro's are shorter? Imo they are taller than Americans. At least... the Dutch are...

·
Registered
645 Posts
Ah, Im American and 6' tall and they dont fit me, so I dont know where that comes from :rolleyes:

·
Registered
645 Posts
admin said:
What bikes do fit for you. Had any probs w/MVs?
Its no lazy boy, but I love my Brutale!:smoking: I did ride my buddys Buell XB12R the other day, I felt like a monkey f***king a football or a bear riding a tri-cycle :laughing: I feel more comfortable on f4's than that buell. I have had several monsters, M750, M900, M900S, BMW Dakar and they all fit just fine. Next on the list is an F4 1000, hopefully.

·
Registered
645 Posts
MV-999R said:
Alvin, he's from Florida, so he's a lot different from you, being from Cali :toothless
Yea, its pretty flat here! You know its bad when you ride an hour to a look for a road that your heard had some curves in it! :laughing:
Ah yes, CA, Spent some time at Camp Pendleton!
And remember, I may live in Florida, but Im from Chicago!

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
the mv is tall

but not as tall as the aprilia mille R!

i'm 6'2" and that bike had me reaching for the ground. that has to be the highest seat on any sportbike. i felt like i was on a bar stool.

the mv seat is pretty wide too. which makes it feel taller.

but maybe japanese bikes are made with lower seats because asians are generally shorter...

i sure as hell felt like a freaking giant in my travels to japan!

alex

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
How does the F4 1000 feel for you being that you are 6'2"? Adjustments?

I am also the same height.. just wondering :conveyer:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
altoon said:
but not as tall as the aprilia mille R!

i'm 6'2" and that bike had me reaching for the ground. that has to be the highest seat on any sportbike. i felt like i was on a bar stool.

the mv seat is pretty wide too. which makes it feel taller.

but maybe japanese bikes are made with lower seats because asians are generally shorter...

i sure as hell felt like a freaking giant in my travels to japan!

alex
...as far as I know, altoon, the Japanese manufacturers have different ergonomic scheme for each continent.

The Aprilia Mille Factory has me tiptoeing around too, eventually, I adopted the DiSalvo's one-legged straddle. :laughing: For what it worth, the ZX-10R fits me perfectly. I found it almost identical to my 996. Perfect!!! :king: (I am 5'6")

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
The seat width and its shape has a lot to do with the tip toeing factor in my experience. It also has to do with how long your legs are...women have longer legs to overall height ratio than men so for the same overall height, men have more issue with seat height/tip toeing.

Today everything in the cockpit of an average priced family car is adjustable, also push bikes where the adjustment are measured by mms... it's actually pretty silly when you think that the motor bike makers are not making the ergo of their bikes adjustable... (except 999) :stickpoke .

I am 5'10 but never had any problem with any sports bike height.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I'm 5'10 and never had any probs with Italian bikes...even on "small" bikes like the RS250/RS125 'Prilla, pretty comfy
I found the Gixxers a bit cramped for my liking, mostly because of the pegs (felt like I was kneeing myself in the chin)
If you look around the Superbike/MotoGP paddock, you'll notice the Italians seem to be around the 5'7-6'0 mark...
For me, I think the answer lies in the arm length to leg length ratio...my legs are comfy on Italian bikes but I always seem to be stretching further, where as it's vice versa on a Jap bike...upper body is comfy but legs hurt like heck!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts