Got my Masamoto Yanagiba out, 1st cut in 30 years I've had it
Chutoro on the left, otoro on the right:grin2::grin2:
Melt in your mouth

Attachments

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Fish looks absolutely delicious. But I cannot stand the taste of it :(
These Japanese sushi restaurant videos on youtube make my mouth water. Shiny and all :O

Geuss I'll just stick to my Picanha meat.
Put alot of salt on fat side, and render the fat out slowly till you get a crispy bark. On higher heat sear the meat all around.
Put in in the oven 120 celcius and cook till internal temperature hits 50-52 celcius.

Rest for 10 minutes, slice meat WITH the grain. When devouring on plate you cute against the grain to have a piece of fat with every bite. Add salt to your taste and enjoy.
Mamma Mia.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I don't get out to the ocean much, but still enjoy my hunk of tuna:
I like how they show a beautiful piece of fish on the label.
But once you've open the can, its pressed so hard in, that it doesnt look anything like the picture xD

·
Registered
218 Posts
Argentine fillet steak on a hot rock at Pistenklause restaurant. (Sabines parent's place for the Top Gear fans). No need to ruin it, just put it to one side of the plate and show it the hot stone on the way to your mouth. After a day thrashing round the Nurburgring this takes some beating.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
?

Black_Gold_Saw;
FRESH saltwater fish smell like the ocean......that bluefin was swimming 18-20 hours before I ate it,
melt in your mouth tender.....caught, head removed, bled and gutted......then immediately on ice, NOT FROZEN
Try ama ebi, raw shrimp, in a sushi bar......doesn't smell or taste like fish, they're sweet......cook them,
They are fishy......have them tempura batter the heads, they're great with ponzu sauce

You smell fish in a sushi bar, leave, the fish isn't fresh or the place isn't clean>:)

Bluefin gets REAL EXPENSIVE !!!!!!
https://www.npr.org/2019/01/05/6825...una-sells-for-5-000-per-pound-in-tokyo-market

Wish my neighbor luck, he's going for swordfish tomorrow...... a flyingfish for bait, 5 pound weight,1,000 feet deep!!!

Maybe some more sashimi :grin2::grin2::grin2:

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
TheKnurl:
Fish aint for me :( From age 10 to now 26 I tried it from time to time. See if my tastebuds change and accept it.

Tried mutiple types of fish and I hope I pronounce them right
Herring, Salmon(sushi & cooked), Eel, Pangasius & Tuna(Fresh, cooked, sushi & Nigels can)

I think Tuna looks the most delicious of any kind of food. And cooked it once. Like a piece of meat, seared it all round and have a purple core.
Decent taste. Not worthy for repeat though :(

That purple layered meat though, just looks so delicious.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
?

Black_Gold_Saw;
You need to go to a coastal town with fishing boats......and ask at the fish market for a very mild fish,
as fresh as possible
Herring is a bad choice.....the Swedish government says that surströmming, sour herring (pickled herring on steroids)
"cans should be opened OUTDOORS":surprise:
We used to go sailing 200 meters offshore and catch barracuda and Pacific mackerel with live bait (anchovies)
required things besides pole and bait
cutting board, very sharp knife, toothpicks, soy sauce, wasabi, limes, avocados, French bread, olive oil, balsamic vinegar
and a bottle of vodka or some beer

If we caught a bunch, we'd go in close to shore and throw an anchor out.....and yell to the surfers, to see if they were hungry

My Rapalas......guess which one got used the most:grin2:

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts