MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well...I fitted an Arrows exhaust and midpipe about 2 months ago and I'm absolutely happy with it except for the god damn flat spot at 2000-3000rpm. Do you know what I mean? when I open gas in low rpm it doesn't go nice and round like with the original exhaust. This drives me crazy :mad:

I've been looking at Emoto's eproms, but they don´t seem to have a specific one for Brutale 910.

Description of this one is about what I need, but for a Bruty 910:

"MV Agusta F4 750 SPR EPROM

Direct replacement for standard ECU chip, to be used with the aftermarket exhaust silencers or open silencers. Helps eliminate the flat spot at 2-3000rpm.

To fit: MV Agusta F4 750 (all)"

Already send them a e-mail and I hope they give me good news about it (knowing how they work, I'm sure they will).

Can you guys suggest something? Thanks a lot....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Ferroman, did you not get the eprom with the exhausts? If you purchased the exhaust new then supplier should have supplied you with the correct chip.
As the Arrow systems are bike specific, they will only operate effectivley with the correct map. I would hassle the supplier :)

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No...I didn't get any eprom with the exhaust. To be honest, I didn't even know I needed one at all. Should I ask Arrows about it? :eek:

·
Registered
785 Posts
Pedro,

I just sent you an email, the F4 chips will not work with the Brutale, however a power commander and the correct map should work well.

Not sure Arrow supply a new EPROM for their silencers, we will comfirm this for you.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow...that's what I call "quick answer"...thank you (even being negative :bawling: ).

I definitively want to keep the Arrows (sound is like a symphony), but there must be a solution for that fu**ing flat spot :mad:

Anyway, I would appreciate if you find out about this Arrows eprom. I mean...if we can solve the problem with about 100-150 € it will be great. I know power comander gives you more than just a chip (more power) but I don't really need more "nothing" out of my bike, it gives me all I need (don't think she would say the same about me :laughing: )

Thanks Jonathan.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi all
Ferroman, do you have any picture of how your brutale looks like???
How about the sound??? Arrows exhaust are 4 in 1 right???

regards
Carlos :later:

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ZAR said:
Hi all
Ferroman, do you have any picture of how your brutale looks like???
How about the sound??? Arrows exhaust are 4 in 1 right???

regards
Carlos :later:
Hi Zar:

Sound is just amazing...I know original ones look much better, I mean they are just what the bike needs, in terms of "look". But the Arrows sound is pure sugar :drummer: Of course, i would recomend you the midpipe as well in case your thinking of an exhaust change.
In fact, what I would do is just changing the midpipe for now, and if you feel it loud enought...leave as it is, if you want more sound...go for the mufflers.
By the way...if you want to get in touch with me and talk about it, my phone # 647421144...don't hesitage to call, I don't mind at all.

Attachments

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
By the way Emoto...any news about the arrows eprom? I guess weekends are totally useless for business. Please, keep me informed.
Thank a lot.

·
Registered
785 Posts
FERROMAN said:
By the way Emoto...any news about the arrows eprom? I guess weekends are totally useless for business. Please, keep me informed.
Thank a lot.
We have emailed our contact at Arrow, as soon as we hear back from him we will let you know.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I also have the Arrows exhaust. Arrow do not have or supply a chip. Best thing is to do as eMoto say...get the power commander.

pics of exhaust are in my album

Homer

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Homer said:
I also have the Arrows exhaust. Arrow do not have or supply a chip. Best thing is to do as eMoto say...get the power commander.

pics of exhaust are in my album

Homer
Hey Homer...Does this happen to yours as well? Did you instal the Power Commander?

Cheers

·
Registered
785 Posts
Hi Pedro, just to let you know we heard back from Arrow and checked the system we have in stock, we can confirm NO chip is provided or available.

If you get a Power Commander, there is a map you can download off the powercommander site, however for best results getting the bike setup on a dyno...

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have not installed the power commander, the bike goes good with out it...no flat spot. I do plan to get the power commander and do a dyno tune in the future but for now I'm happy.

Homer

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Homer said:
I have not installed the power commander, the bike goes good with out it...no flat spot. I do plan to get the power commander and do a dyno tune in the future but for now I'm happy.

Homer
I guess you haven't take the db killers out...When I put the db killers the bike goes nice and smooth...but I use it without them :drummer:

I guess I've got to go to the power commander solution...

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
79 Posts
yup the tubes are out, like the sound!

just went for a ride to figgure out what the deal is.

turns out i rarely ride below 3 grand typically 4 to 11,000. So I agree limping around under 3,000 throttle is choppy, I'll continue keeping the revs up and in the future get the power commander to dial in a good tune up.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
By the way...how much is a PC for a 910 Brutale?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Arrow

Ferroman,
I'm not trying to be difficult, but why would you be down at 2-3K anyway? That's almost at idle.
I have the Brutale 750 and also have the Arrow mid-pipe and exhaust w/EPROM. It rocks! My RPMs are rarely below 5K. Between 6-12K is the operating range. The EPROM is mandatory but at the same time...keep those RPM"S up a tad.
Cheers.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My rpm's are normally same as yours...but if I know the problem exist I want to solve it :conveyer: It's like winter gloves...I rarelly wear them, maybe once or twice a year, But I want to be sure that when I need them I have them :smoking:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts