MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received and mounted a set of Arrow CF cans to go w/ my Arrow midpipe. I haven't ridden the bike yet, so I can't give any review there, yet.

The pipes appear to be fairly well made, with slightly better welds and better treatment of the pipes than my mid-pipes received, and fit perfectly with no tweaking necessary. They look better in person than in pictures, but I still like the looks of the stockers better (I will be continuing to look for a stainless steel welder I trust to hollow them out).

The sound while sitting in the garage is very similar to that of the stockers w/ the mid-pipe, and is identical at idle (a friend describes the idle as sounding like a Briggs & Stratton - and I tend to agree with him). I really was not able to hear a marked difference revving the engine while standing to the side of it. I was hoping to get more bass growl. I'll just have to wait til I get it on the open road to hear if there is more of a difference under load.

I'll write more after I've had a chance to test her out.

Next up...PCIII and dyno time! :moped:

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Mwaaahahahaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

I Am An Idiot!!! :banghead:

I bought these cans used, and since I'm in the US, where no one ever wants dB Killers I hadn't even considered that they might have come w/ the pipes. I thought it a little strange that I couldn't see down into the pipes, but I've seen all kinds of exhaust designs so didn't think twice about it.

Not until I noticed the circlips, that is.

I just removed the killers and HOLY CRAP DOES THAT ENGINE SOUND MEAN!!! :2up:

I'm off for a spin. Will report back later.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
giomanach said:
Mwaaahahahaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

I Am An Idiot!!! :banghead:

I bought these cans used, and since I'm in the US, where no one ever wants dB Killers I hadn't even considered that they might have come w/ the pipes. I thought it a little strange that I couldn't see down into the pipes, but I've seen all kinds of exhaust designs so didn't think twice about it.

Not until I noticed the circlips, that is.

I just removed the killers and HOLY CRAP DOES THAT ENGINE SOUND MEAN!!! :2up:

I'm off for a spin. Will report back later.

:laughing: :D :laughing: nice story. Great, that you like the sound w/o the db-eaters.

You lucky guy... we here in Germany are treated like dangerous criminals, if we were caught with open silencers... :jerkoff:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts