MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have any pics of this system on a red/silver bike both the steel and the carbon version, not sure which will look the best. :violin:

·
Registered
419 Posts
You've probably seen this already and it's not exactly the red/silver but check out the following link: http://www.emotouk.com/mvagusta/exhausts/arrow.htm
If this is the exhaust that you mean it's either carbon or Ti (not steel).
I am also considering this exhaust and have been advised that Ti version might be slightly lighter than carbon version.
Does it look to you that the carbon version is shorter in the photos?

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
my friend has the FBF carbon slip-ons which look alot like the arrows on his red/silver f-4 but he has no pics uploaded yet. I think the carbon slip-ons look better on the red/silver colored bikes better than the Ti ones like on my bike..... sorry for no pics of the carbon, red/silver set up.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Djester said:
my friend has the FBF carbon slip-ons which look alot like the arrows on his red/silver f-4 but he has no pics uploaded yet. I think the carbon slip-ons look better on the red/silver colored bikes better than the Ti ones like on my bike..... sorry for no pics of the carbon, red/silver set up.
Djester, how easy is it to remove/fit the baffles and how quiet are they with the baffles in (is it 98db or closer to the 102db)?
Thanks.

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
i have the SBK full Ti "Race-tec" system and it doesn't come with the baffles..... that aside, they sound like a freaking race bike!!!! very deep and mellow, and kinda loud at lower RPM speeds other than that.... at high RPM's they are loud, but still let you hear the intake growl.

When I ordered them i thought there was a chance they'd have the baffles, but alas, the race system is without the baffles. :eek:
Looking into the pipes, they look pretty much straight through with muffler packing on the outside to help reduce sound a bit.... race design all the way. I'll post pics of the inside of the tail pipes so you can see what I'm talking about tomorrow. but for now here's pics of them on my bike. :devilsmok

sorry for the crappy pics..... but the holes at the end of the pipes are that big all the way through the pipes...they don't narrow at all like the 4-pipe design (stock & RG3's)

Attachments

·
Registered
419 Posts
Thanks for the pics...definately look good and gone a long way to convincing me to go with the Arrow twin system. I guess if I feel the need for he stock organ pipe look I can refit my stock Casoli moded exhausts.
I'll talk to Emoto tomorrow about the Arrows and find out what differences there are between your race ones and the ones they sell with the removable baffles. i hope the only difference will be the baffles but something tells me it won't be just that.
How much lighter than the stock exhausts are the Arrows? Do you have any idea of weight?
Thanks.

·
Registered
419 Posts
TakisM said:
Thanks for the pics...definately look good and gone a long way to convincing me to go with the Arrow twin system. I guess if I feel the need for he stock organ pipe look I can refit my stock Casoli moded exhausts.
I'll talk to Emoto tomorrow about the Arrows and find out what differences there are between your race ones and the ones they sell with the removable baffles. i hope the only difference will be the baffles but something tells me it won't be just that.
How much lighter than the stock exhausts are the Arrows? Do you have any idea of weight?
Thanks.
Race Exhaust is a bit smaller. Without the baffles the exhaust is really loud. Different type of sound comparing to the RG3. More of a base sound. Compression is raised a bit due to the dual exhaust. You can get a few more hp with the race exhaust + PCIII. Weigh of stock organ pipes = 6,8 to 7 kgr. Weigh of Arrows Carbon = 3,4 Kgr including the bolts for the fitting. RG3 weight = 6,3 Kgr
Check out this video for sound:
http://www.mvagusta.net/mediaview/251/mv-agusta-f4-1000-with-arrow-c-f-racing-slipons-low-quality/

·
Registered
419 Posts
kALA RE TO KATI ALO!! :bandit:
:D
:naughty:
:jsm:
:guitarist
:yo:

I think I've just been sold on the idea of the Arrow twin exhausts!!!!
For anyone who hasn't seen downloaded and watched boussias's link I suggest you do it NOW!!
I'm still grinning!

·
Registered
419 Posts
TakisM said:
kALA RE TO KATI ALO!! :bandit:
:naughty:
:jsm:
:guitarist
:yo:

I think I've just been sold on the idea of the Arrow twin exhausts!!!!
For anyone who hasn't seen downloaded and watched boussias's link I suggest you do it NOW!!
I'm still grinning!
TAKIS file mou :) The only problem I have with the exhaust is the neighbours. Whenever I start it up the glasses start vibrating. And also you cannot drive it without any earplugs. :)

·
Registered
419 Posts
:laughing: That's ok I always wear ear plugs so I'm used to that but the neighbours might be a problem........ oh well I'll worry about that later! Off to speak to Emoto. :drummer:

Still grinning!

·
Registered
419 Posts
mv2envy said:
is it me, or are the carbon cans longer than ti?
If you check teh followin link http://www.emotouk.com/mvagusta/exhausts/arrow.htm and compare the pictures at bottom and top of page it looks like the carbon ones are shorter than the Ti ones!
I think boussias has answered this one - 'the race version of the Arrow twin exhausts comes without baffles and are slightly smaller'. The Ti ones posted by Djester in this thread and the carbon ones at the bottom of emoto's page i think must both be the race ones whereas boussias has the ones which come with removable baffles, same as the Ti ones at the top of Emoto's page.

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
TakisM said:
Thanks.
Way lighter....the stock system is very heavy in comparison..... Emoto has the wieght details on their site.....it's some where close to half the wieght

·
Registered
419 Posts
Djester said:
Way lighter....the stock system is very heavy in comparison..... Emoto has the wieght details on their site.....it's some where close to half the wieght
Hi, Standard exhaust system weights 11,4 Kgr.
Arrow racing exhaust (your system) weights 4,7 kgr
Considering the price difference with the RG3 titanium (4,3 Kgr). the Arrows are more value for money and you get more hp. Don't forget that all racing teams use the 2 exhaust layout.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
what the cheapest anyone has seen the arrow system for sale? cheapest i've forund is around £550 delivered and i'm very tempted either that or get a standard set of pipes and gut them myself and see how that goes!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts