MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got the Arrow Thunder, and it has a DB killer, but when I bought the bike it was not installed. It will slip right in, but I do not see a way to secure it. Do I need to remove the pipe at all? How does this stay in?

·
Registered
80 Posts
It's held in by a snap ring. If your missing it you might have to source one. I'd send you mine if I was home to do so.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you get in a bind and no one has any, let us know and we'll get a couple ordered for you.

Tell ya what! Thats a deal, i will browse the website again and put it together with other stuff...just what I needed, an excuse to give you more money! And hey, I love giving you money!

(BTW, the barends are AWESOME!, Thanks!)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Your better off leaving it out unless you need it for something it does make it quieter but it feels different with it in

·
Registered
311 Posts
I took mine out this morning just to see for myself. That thing gave me a headache in traffic. I'm with John on this. I've been Riding with the DB killer in for a year plus and I notice no difference in useable power. Just Makes the sound bearable. Mind you I had an RC51 as did John. It's not that were not accustomed to loud pipes but the resonance is just not my cup of tea. Maybe mid day on a rip in the twisties buy pre coffee, no

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
i felt a difference in power and throttle response immediately after taking mine out. It is pretty loud, i ride with earplugs most of the time anyway. That is more for wind noise, but also helps with the exhaust.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I dont know, maybe Im just getting old.....

SLOW DOWN!

GET OFF MY LAWN! DAMN TEENAGERS! lol

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
i felt a difference in power and throttle response immediately after taking mine out. It is pretty loud, i ride with earplugs most of the time anyway. That is more for wind noise, but also helps with the exhaust.
Dyno's with and without DB killer showed on mine there is a mayor difference. Not only max power, but also A/R changes a lot.
Actually it needs a different mapping for each situation, without or Db killer installed

1 - 12 of 12 Posts